Rat Farm

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hsut77

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Thought I would share some pics of the ever expanding rat farm.
I have 2 racks all plumbed with a watering system and another one ready to go.
Prodcuing nice numbers now and starting to establish a reliable colony.
Next on the agenda is to make some birthing racks as the 50lt tubs are a little big for one mum but too small for two mums.

IMG_2510.jpg

IMG_2511.jpg

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_2515.jpg

looks like a feast for a very lucky snake/reptile:D

Sippers are from Agselect.com, got them when the dollar was at .94 US so won't be getting any more soon!!!

Nice Setup mate !:D What mesh size are you using for the tops of the tubs? I intend of breeding my own as well but on a smaller scale. Thx

Nice Setup mate !:D What mesh size are you using for the tops of the tubs? I intend of breeding my own as well but on a smaller scale. Thx

I am using normal aviary wire from Bunnings, 10mm I think it is.

BRILLIANT!!! it's screaming genius and forgive me for poaching ideas. well done and thanks for sharing.

I just dont see how the rats can eat their fill of food when the pellets are sitting on top of the wire, instead of being able to grasp it in their hands. It must be hard to take bites out of a pellet that doesn't keep still???

Not having a go at your design or anything, Hsut77.

I just dont see how the rats can eat their fill of food when the pellets are sitting on top of the wire, instead of being able to grasp it in their hands. It must be hard to take bites out of a pellet that doesn't keep still???

Not having a go at your design or anything, Hsut77.

i have some set up exactly the same way, because the wire is 10mm holes, the rats reach through, grab the pellet, bite off a chunk and then run off and chew away on that. only difference is i use water bottles.

rat house

l see one major design fault [geographical] its not on the north-side of brisbane with rats for sale.....cheers solar 17

i have some set up exactly the same way, because the wire is 10mm holes, the rats reach through, grab the pellet, bite off a chunk and then run off and chew away on that. only difference is i use water bottles.

That is true, After a few bites the pellets can be pulled through the wire. It keeps everything clean also and the food is not fouled.

Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back