Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

retro001

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I have a tall enclosure that used to house a green tree snake. Unfortunantly It died a few months back. Im now looking for a snake or lizard to go in the enclosure and am after some recommendations.
I have 2 coastal carpets atm that are feeding weekly and am looking for an arboreal reptile that will fit in with this feeding schedule if possible?
I have 2 kids that love reptiles but due to working shift work (and being the one to feed them) Feeding once or twice a week works well for me!
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMAG0218.jpg
    IMAG0218.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 155
Possibly one or two Southern Angle-headed Dragons. It would probably work well and mine is similar to a bearded dragon behaviour-wise. Whilst I can't say that all Angle-heads are such dears you may get a good one.

Get a rough scaled python. I'm finding new love for them

Cheers Brenton

not sure mate. was eating well for a little fella and on morning he was right down the bottom of enclosure not moving. I took him out and i thought he was dead as he just flopped, i put him on the shelf and went to tell the mrs and he moved so i put him in a click clack and rang the bloke i got him off. by the time i got off the phone he was on his back. took him another half hour and he was dead. all this happened b4 the vet was open but im sure it wouldnt have helped anyway. I had him for a total of 6 days. very sad for the family.

Sorry to here mate.

Cheers Brenton

Hi there, sorry to hear bout your loss, it's quite possible it could have had worms, what was it feeding on? Fish?? They carry worms, if it was just a little guy wouldn't take to much! Also I would go with an olive python! Great snake!!!

Do you plan on keeping whatever you get in there for life if so for some reason I Don't think an olive or carpets would be a good choice.

Do you plan on keeping whatever you get in there for life if so for some reason I Don't think an olive or carpets would be a good choice.

Yeh I want to house something permanatly in this enclosure so i wont be looking at olives or carpets for this enclosure!
Im doin some reasearch on Rought scaled pythons now but will need a licence upgrade (which is no prob).

Thanks for the sugestions if you have any more other ideas post em up! cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back