Red desert closest to Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Snakes

Reaction score
G'day guys, can anyone point me to the place nearest to Brisbane that you could see that real red desert, with the red sand, and maybe dunes? I've never been anywhere like that, I've only seen red dirt lol

Cheers!,

Alice springs??? Nah, in all seriosnes, rainbow beach has some gorgeous coloured sand, but i dont know about red...

Thanks lol, was hoping to get a good drive in this long weekend, but maybe it will be better saved for when we have more time.

Thanks lol, was hoping to get a good drive in this long weekend, but maybe it will be better saved for when we have more time.

have you thought of going out past toowoomba, chinchilla, condamine, roma, st george, might not be the red your loooking for but for herping i wreckon you'd find heaps..... my relos are from warwick bit south of toowoomba

Hey thanks Damo, I will be heading out that way, has been great for herps in the past.
Cheers

The red sand from the brigalow isn't anything like the red sand from Windorah etc. Windorah is the closest place that I know of where you can get that really good, Simpson Desert style red sand.

bunnings do red dune sand and they are everywhere:p

dam it woddy you bet me too it didnt read yours:/

Between the sunshine coast and hervey bay, if you jump off the highway and head west you get extremely red sand. Also up near childers I've seen it, I think. Could have been a different area, though... I wasn't driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back