Red Eared slider turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wont let me post the link tried 3 times oh well.

Last edited:
It is probably just press but i do find it anoying that people are bringing exotics to australia and letting them go or letting them escape they have no idea what it could do to our local animals

yeh they have allegedly been wild in certain lakes around melbourne since the 1930s .

Last edited:
They are reportedly very aggressive feeders and avoid various turtle traps... not good for native turtles to compete against...

I have seen them (by that I mean one lol) at Blackburn lake in Melbourne's Eastern suburbs. Tried to throw a rock at it but missed and it disappeared into the water, last i heard the council actually caught the bugger but there may be more left there. I have'nt been back to look a round for at least a couple of years.

I have kept them and they are voracious feeders. In an environment with native turtles they can out compete them every time.
They grow and mature quickly.
Better dead than red.

I've seen them up here in QLD - everywhere from creeks through to Macintosh Island pond (the indy pits) in surfers paradise on the gold coast.

And by the way, throwing rocks at animals isnt ince, it isnt humane and can just maim an animal - even if it is a pest, every animal deserves a quick and painless death if it must occur.

not too mention, if you have thrown a rock at a slider(even though its not meant to be here) who knows what else your capable of, with our own natives! its cruel , and none the less.. human error, ONCE AGAIN.. its not the animals fault, its ours. so stop being so foolish and instead of throw a rock at it. catchit and report it in. creepy ppl huh... say they love herps,but talk themself up half the time

not too mention, if you have thrown a rock at a slider(even though its not meant to be here) who knows what else your capable of, with our own natives! its cruel , and none the less.. human error, ONCE AGAIN.. its not the animals fault, its ours. so stop being so foolish and instead of throw a rock at it. catchit and report it in. creepy ppl huh... say they love herps,but talk themself up half the time

I don't hurt native animals mate, not even the insects. Do you kill spiders in your house their natives too you know? It's not the cockroach fault it's in the house it's, ONCE AGAIN... human error. If you fully practice what you preach down to the tee then more power to you and I'm sorry i offended you otherwise your just another a hypocrite.

its a slider big woop, guess your against killing toads and house geckos awsell?

Off the slider? no this was years back but i did see an article on the local leader newspaper in Whitehorse council about them trying to catch it a few years back, i believe they caught it from memory, as they were draining small sections on the outer ponds where it reportedly hanged out.

I don't hurt native animals mate, not even the insects. Do you kill spiders in your house their natives too you know? It's not the cockroach fault it's in the house it's, ONCE AGAIN... human error. If you fully practice what you preach down to the tee then more power to you and I'm sorry i offended you otherwise your just another a hypocrite.

:):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back