Red Eared slider turtles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spiders?who said anything about spiders? to tell you the truth, every spider that comes in my house, (which ive only seen humsmans and little house spiders) stays in here.they get left do do as they please.
My point is, throwing a rock at an animal is cruel. fair enough you rang and they removed it but honestly, you sounded like you couldnt wait to note what you did.
But point taken everyone has there own point of view

Ugh, thyere ugly, why wouldve anyone even wanted them as a pet originally.
Couldnt they have gotten tortoises instead, like the one in My name is earl. Then out lettuce plantations would be in trouble!

i think it shows some deficiency in character to feel the need to be cruel to ANY animal introduced or otherwise.(eradicating any animal should be done humanly and anyone that seeks enjoyment out of cruelty through this is in need of counseling , most notorious serial killers were all noted to be cruel to animals as children.)
At the end of the day this is a forum that is likely to attract animal lovers not rock throwers.
But i am sure there is forums out there for people that get empowered by throwing rocks at innocent animals.
It is called australian pythons and snakes . Not australian juvenile rock throwers incorporated .

Ugh, thyere ugly, why wouldve anyone even wanted them as a pet originally.
Couldnt they have gotten tortoises instead, like the one in My name is earl. Then out lettuce plantations would be in trouble!
The one in the newspaper article is a dirty old adult male the younger ones are fairly attractive.
Not as nice as australian painted or red face but quite nice none the less.

Attachments

• 6015_1121556277824_1194575902_30329139_3691560_n.jpg
    6015_1121556277824_1194575902_30329139_3691560_n.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I hate toads and other exotics but can't stand them suffering, that's why when I'm out driving I hit the toads fair and square so they never new a thing!
But Asian House Gecko's, killing them takes too much intention and effort, couldn't do it, I like all reptiles. Driving over things is easy, you don't have to see the end result and know you have just saved a ****load of frog eating snakes.

Juvie Red Ear's are very good looking reptiles, I had one in NZ, great turtle, unfortunately when she was strolling around my turtle proof yard while I was cleaning her tank some idiot saw her over the fence and stole her and let her go at the beach, in salt water, was pretty upset.

Get into tanning skins and tan me heaps of cane toad pelts. Ill pay top $$ :D
Whould make some kickass seat covers

i think it shows some deficiency in character to feel the need to be cruel to ANY animal introduced or otherwise.(eradicating any animal should be done humanly and anyone that seeks enjoyment out of cruelty through this is in need of counseling , most notorious serial killers were all noted to be cruel to animals as children.)
At the end of the day this is a forum that is likely to attract animal lovers not rock throwers.
But i am sure there is forums out there for people that get empowered by throwing rocks at innocent animals.
It is called australian pythons and snakes . Not australian juvenile rock throwers incorporated .

Fair enough my method can be considered as cruel, but believe me it was not my first choice. If i had the ability to capture it i would have much rather done that, unfortunately being off the bank it was not the case it was never about having the feeling of being empowered. I understand that this forum is the australian phythons and snake, so when did it turn into assumption about peoples character forum huh? You guys know nothing about anybody on this forum yet when you see something that goes against your personal beliefs you are quick to make assumptions, assumptions are the mother of all F*#k UPS.

What i did was choose the two of lesser evils in that situation and it is a decision i do not apologise for. I would rather wear the guilt of making 1 invasive and potentially destructive non-native species die a slow death rather than have it devastate the natural eco-system to the slow starving death of hundreds of native animals. If you can solve a problem mate or at least contribute a little to the solution go ahead and do it, don't hold a "bleeding hearts" committee about it on how things should be done. At least i can say i had the guts to do something about it there and then rather than waiting for someone else to no matter how bad my methods were. Cane toads started of as just a few dozen individuals mate, if people started throwing rocks at them or at least had the guts to earlier we would not have this problem.

I understand that people love animals, believe me i do too. But like i said at that moment i choose to do the two of lesser evils.

BAhahahahaha - the two of lesser evils??? Yeah thats when i realise you are on a different planet. keep throwing rocks mate.

BAhahahahaha - the two of lesser evils??? Yeah thats when i realise you are on a different planet. keep throwing rocks mate.

Yep no worries mate, you just keep standing by the sidelines wishing somebody else would do something about it. Better yet why don't get some RES and put them with your turtles :).

nah ill send them to you so you can get joy out of throwing rocks at them. Anything to keep a child busy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back