Red Lump

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bren10

Reaction score
There's a red lump on the back of my northern spiny tail gecko...i am new to reptile and don't know if this is a problem or not...it seems like it could be a bite from crickets maybe i dunno or could be from if he fell from the branches in the viv....any help would be greatly appreciated...i don't want it to get worse!

Wounds can be treated with plain old betadine. But if it gets infected, most of time antiobiotics from the vet will be needed, as bacteria can make them quite sick. Other than that, keep him dry and warm. If he tends to soak in his water a lot, take his water out or only offer a shallow dish. Warm, moist wounds are great grounds for infections to start.

If you are ever worried about anything on your repitle, don't wait for replies here. Make an appointment with your nearest reptile-orientated vet as soon as possible.

hey thnx for you advice...i bought some betadine last night and put it on last night and this morning...it's starting to look better already..cheer

Brenton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back