Reptile Australia mag.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barney

Reaction score
been trying to get the latest addition of the mag but no one seems to stock it or its not out
the March - April addition ?
Who knows happening

Yep, it's a very good idea and all...but I want to read about Australian reptiles, not Fijian Sea Craits (sorry Marc, good article and all, but it would have been better if it was on Tigers or something...).

the issue before did tiger snakes. the last issue wasnt that good though. ive actually lost it and i cant remember why i didnt like it, i think because there werent any australian snakes

they probly got all the money from ppl subscribing then ran off with all the cash

sxereturn said:
Yep, it's a very good idea and all...but I want to read about Australian reptiles, not Fijian Sea Craits (sorry Marc, good article and all, but it would have been better if it was on Tigers or something...).

well get writting....we all know your a elapid crazed dude so lets see the knowlegde but to paper... :D ....but not bad 2 out of 3 of my articles are about Australian herp.. 8)

beside sea krait do venture into Australian waters so its quiet relevent to Australian Herp mags.....

Actually most of you can put you knowledge to paper....and support the Australian reptile mag.....and intern Australian herpetology.... :wink:

Well said Marc. We should all support it and I've subscribed. Also, US magazines include stuff about herps from al over the world so to have a few articles about exotic species is OK I think. So far we've had Shingles, Salties, Boyds, BHPs, Coastals, Gippslands, Tigers, Angle-Headeds, Lacies, Green Tree Frogs, Bird-eating Spiders, etc. Aren't these all Aussie species??? PLUS, all the advertising is for Aussie companies and shops, and the classifieds have been free so far.

Simon Archibald

:p My mrs has a copy of last months reptile magazine in the pet shop she works in (well did the other day),she wasnt sure bout when the next issue comes out but thought it wasnt for another week or so(well thats when it comes to the store).I think she said it is possable to back order copies. :p

I have had alook at a couple of issues and it seems to be very average.
I mean most magazines are, so the bar is probably not that high.

I cant remember exactly but when I counted the total pages then took away all the filler(poster, covers, advertising, etc) there were very few pages of articles. If I recall correctly the price was around the ten dollar mark. I did not feel the magazine was worth it and so I did not buy it.

I was hoping it would be a good magazine, but I was quite dissappointed. I will not buy it just because it is Australian. Bring out a good mag and I will subscribe.

All the real info can be gotten from libraries and the pretty pics can be gotten from the web.

For the price of a subscription you could buy a decent book.

This is just my 2 cents and I am not looking to offend anyone.

Cheers

Luke

I not asking anyone to go out and buy it, thats up to you guys, it maybe avarage at the moment but it will not get better unless people start supporting it, if you think its crap (and Greebo not my book of crap) then take a positive stance and help to make it into something :p

If I get permission for Suta Suta (curl snakes) after six months i will do a article on em

Does anyone know when the 4th issue of Reptiles Australia coming out? Or available? The magazine is good but in the coming months it will get better, you just have to give it a chance. End of last year they released their first issue (sep-oct) and they are only beginners at this!

Shaun

we all need to give them a chance as they are trying hard and if everyone supports it then it will be good. in the coming months it will improve and also agamidae great article mate and its good to see that an aps member has written an article. just my opinion.

mmmmmm reptile magazine never even heard of it can somebody gives me some details on it
do you have to order it in? :?:

its called Reptiles Australia (duh :wink: ) and u can call them on (03) 9754 4622 or 0425 725 465 or email [email protected]

i have found it really hard to find the reptiles USA mags - most newsagents USED to stock it but obviously nobody bought it so they stopped. however since this is a brand new mag i have found quite a few smallish newsagents have been stocking it...well, around my area anyway :? you should be able to ask them to get you in a copy of it and this way you're not subscribing and you can tell them to stop any time.

reptile mag

Hi , for those people that are bagging the new reptile mag ! , have you ever tried to start a business ?. probabaly not ! it is not as easy as what people may think . you get lots of promises and alot of let downs ! the mag is only new and they are trying to make it happen for everyone , why not try to support them ! it is very easy to critise , when you are on the side-line , unless you know the full story about the mag , stop bagging it , unless you are willing to have a go and do better yourself . just my views :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back