Reptile Bust

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigguy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, just heard on the local radio news of a very large bust on reptiles in Western Sydney. They said RSPCA officers raided a house containing over a 100 dangerous reptiles including lizards, goannas, snakes, pythons and small crocs. Has anyone heard any more yet?????

Also, why were RSPCA officers doing reptile busts. Thats the job of the NPWS. So whats going on with this raid.

Hey Bigguy,
Havent heard anything yet, but i'll keep my ears and eyes open.

Any ideas as to what will happen to the reptiles, will there be a ballot?

Regards Alex

I havent heard much more except there appears to be quite a few dead or ill animals. They said there were exotic turtles, death adders, crocodiles and taipans and more. They were still waiting for NPWS.
Just heard it again.
Its in Kingsgrove. I dont know why the RSPCA are involved.
They never rsponded to any other reptile related issue before.
I did qet a query from them recently. They wanted to know how much water a goanna drinks. I wanted to know why but got no answer.

i wonder out of all the 100 how many are actually still alive. will the exotics be put down?

Not much more. Police visit at 8pm last night. Dead and dieing reptiles in hags and glass tanks.
Parks and RSPCA on it now.
I guess we wait until Jeff Hardy is allowed to give us some info.
Its no one that I know (as far as I know)

Jeff Hardy is on holiday for a month.

We're on our own as far as info is concerned.

:p

Hix

Yeah, bastard lol - postponed my application for an upgrade by about a week, had to talk to the other guy :p

it is going to be on the news tonight. I seen the adds for it. unfortunately I was flicking and didn't take note of the channel.

did you see that poor adult woma in the small tank - it was a very sad story.
she said they were legal animals - pet shop or something?

i know brad personal and he licensed to have all the reps he does so many rep shows ,he's shop is at roseland ,ive been to his house many times and helped him with set ups for shows ,he even came round to our kindergarten for a photo shoot with the kids, the state of the house shown on the news is not the way he keeps his animales as they said he is missing so some thing is wrong ,i even gave him a pair of small eyes that where found in a friends house, he knows how to handle all the reps and look after them ,so please dont go bagging the guy untill all the facts are in please

Yep it was just on. Something about a snake catcher and Breeder who has gone missing. I missed his first name but his second name was McDonald I believe. He has been missing for a week and the Police broke into his house to find all of his animals in ****ty cages a tiny plastic tubs,He also had a lot of illegal stuff.

Those were some horrible conditions... bhps and womas in sweater boxes it looked like.

I think the name i heard was something McDonald, a registered snake handler in Kingsgrove...

ad - im guessing that some were legal, and others weren't. I saw boas, iguanas, exotic turtles...

Phantom - just read your post. He was licensed for all the exotics? I thought you had to be a registered zoo for that, or is that wrong?

It certainly looked like they'd been left for a while though... quite a few dead as well :?

Maybe some more random inspections would be the go. Of course, if they're as underfunded and understaffed as most Govt. departments, that could be a problem. :-( Maybe that's what people like that are counting on! :-(

I think we should all wairt and se beforwe we make to many more assumptions.
I use Brad a lot for rescue and release.
A weird bloke but reliable.
ps he has been a bit odd lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back