Reptile Bust

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could fill you guys in on everything!
Hate to tell you bigguy, but it was alot more serious than that. I wish I could give you all the details. Media only told half the story of course...god love 'em, but it was really bad. and deinfately more than a couple of dead animals.

How do you know everything that went on and how do you know that there is a lot more to the story?
Why dont you fill us in?

Regards Alex

well don't make half a statement. If this man needs to be condemed then spill it otherwise as Thumpas mum said. "If you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all"

Thanks nothin2do, I checked it out and in related link they quoted the guys address! :shock:
However it pans out now, hes unlikly to see his animals again and hell probly have to move.
cant beleive they breached his privacy like that! Yes as usual the figures are all over the place, as are details. As for having free roaming numbers of animals crapping everywhere, well, as big guy said, weird! certainly not healthy anyway :|

Hmm. I definately do not like to bash this person, specially with so little knowledge as I have on the issue. But to leave this large number of reptiles with out supervision in the house and leave for number of days is not right thing to do. snake can crap to waterbowl first day and that leave him with not water. Lizards the same. Anything unexpected can happen.
Colection that large should be always checked ewery day at least once each animal and not left like that.
Looks like he paid final price and I feel sory for him. Mabe he nominated somebody to care about the animals and the person let him down, but he is the one who is animal guardian and he must make sure that they are taking care of if he is not capable to do so, he should reduce colection.
One think I do not understand is why to leave any snake death in enclosure or container when leaving for few days or week even if only 2.

He did damage to reptile keepers hoby by his action and that is not good for any of us. That bad publicity will hunt us for some time. Mabe few things will change in licencing system becaose of that.

As I said, I do not know all facts and I am sure that media is spining the rating will, but I think thet he have done wrong thing to leave animals with out proper guardiance. Animals kept in captivity are helples and totaly dependend on us. With out constant care of keeper is better not to have them.

Again I feel sorry for him, but I am not backing his action to do what he did.

So do anybody know if he have any chance to get his reptiles back?

I heard a rumour that he had exotics that were un-licensed and the authorities are going to try to use that against him.
Its not looking good for the guy at all apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back