Reptile Bust

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
he does exhibitions all over australia and is licensed ,it took him years to get all the licences for the reps,and its brad mcdonald

E I E I OOOOOOOOOO

hehe

Poor guy, wonder where he is. Bloody media making him look like a bad guy!

yeah, i think they should be worrying where he is

from the news it sounded like he was pretty devoted to his reps, strange he would neglect them like that

But why are the animals housed the way they were :(
Even if he was somehow detained i wouldnt think his reps would get to that state in the 4-5 days he has been gone :(:(:(:(

Just saw the Adelaide version. I only saw Oz animals and twice they used the term 'iguana' while showing ackies. Showed one dead animal but all other animals (mainly womas) shown looked healthy. A couple of carpets appeared to have run of the house. No venomous animals were shown.

From the limited information I've got it sounds like he is suffering a psycotic episode proberly bi-polar disorder. Hope it turns out all right for him.

just read your 1st post phantom, I agree - there is more to the story here.

Brad McDonald is a licenced Reptile keeper with NPWS, and is also licenced like myself with Agriculture to exhibit. Brad held a few legal exotic reptiles that were claimed on the NPWS amnesty several years ago.

As for them nearly all housed in small plastic containers, the answer may be very simple. Brad advised a close friend of mine that he had heard his animals were targeted for theft the same weekend as the expo in Sydney. He advised my mate that because he had heard he was about to be robbed he moved all his animals from their normal dwelling to his own house. This is probably why they were stored this way.

Brad has not been seen for a week and both cars are at his house. It looks very suspicious indeed, specially as he disappeared just after a supposed theft was to occur. I for one am very worried for Brads well being

I just spoke to Brad a few minutes ago on his mobile phone. He has been at Mudgee and is now on his way home to talk to the police. It was as I suspected, the animals were being held in emergency accomadation due to theft.

Brad advised that there were a few dead animals in cages when he left, and in hindsight, he know wishes he had taken the time to remove them.

Even though his collection is all legal, I think he is going to have a hell of a time getting them back from the RSPCA. I love their propaganda on the news tonight. The snakes were starving to death. Well maybe if they hadn't been fed in a year all so, but in one week. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: As for the poor condition of the snakes as per the RSPCA, well nearly all I saw on TV were in top condition. Only one or 2 Spilota's looked a little under top condition.

The ABC news is supporting bigguys story, apparently he has contacted the police. Again the news showed ackies and said iguana. ABC claimed over 100 dead animals then later said 80 live animals. Also said the animals were agitated and then showed a water or olive who had been carted outside and was placed in the sun, attempting to defend itself. Also think there was a shot of an albino corn snake.

im so glad to here he's ok i tried him mobil but it said its turned off,thanks big guyfor leting us know he's alright

poor guy. looks like the media are all over him like shi! on a stick

Yeah. It seems that every report I've seen has been more about shock value than facts. Best to reserve judgement on something like this till the guy has a chance to defend himself in a forum other that the nightly news.

"It's almost like he has an obsessive compulsive disorder about snakes," cousin Emma Matheson, 22, said.

This quote says a lot - I can relate to it myself how much you get 'bitten' by herps and it tells me something went totally wrong for Brad to end up in this situation.
I'd say his world has been turned upside down and he needs the help and support of the herp community.

As Bigguy said, snakes dont starve in a week, The woma's etc looked healthy, the boxes can be excused if it was temporary. The media sells the story joe public wants to lap up. The 'rare american turtle' was a red-eared slider, not sure about the 'poisonus' snakes and the 'iguanas'. It surprises me how all media use the one story!!!

Too right Ad. As Mark said, they showed ackies and called them "Iguanas", they showed Womas and called them "deadly" snakes. In fact, they called them all deadly reptiles and I can't remember seeing one that what dangerous. I didn't see a venomous reptile at all on our news broadcast.

Simon Archibald

Anyone heard any updates on how Brad or the animals are? What's happening to his native legal collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back