Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tevalo

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new the reptile community/hobby and over the weekend picked up my first reptile a thick tailed gecko. Do you guys have any others suggestions for reptiles that would be good for a beginner reptile keeper.

just remember that geckos don't get very tame, and they don't like to be held much, it kind of freaks them out. I recommend a bluetongue skink or a bearded dragon, either a central or an eastern. Good luck!

Hi mate,
Just a few awesome herps that are great for a beginner, these are ones you can handle pretty good though:
Snakes: Stimson, Spotted, Childrens, Bredli, Coastal and Darwin.
Lizards: Blue tongue, Shingle, Central beardie and Pygmy Beardie.
As jasper said, Gecko's are not very tame. They are pretty cool to watch though and have some incredible colours/morphs coming out.

im stuck between a bredli and a darwin carpet.

My brothers Bredli' is 4 years old and around 2.6 mt, they are supposed to grow to 3m apparently..................................Ron

What about a woma? Great colors and 99.98% of them are tame :) And also I wouldn't suggest getting something as big as a coastal or bredli as a first snake. Unless your really confident with big snakes...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back