Reptile Lights?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbecker

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use the specific reptile lights that go for around $12-$15 each or use normal flood lights/spot lights for their reptiles? I've noticed that the price for the specialized reptile lights sell for about double or triple to what the normal spot lights sell for. So do these reptile lights give off important rays to the reptiles for growth/heat or is there no difference at all?

Thanks

Does anyone here use the specific reptile lights that go for around $12-$15 each or use normal flood lights/spot lights for their reptiles? I've noticed that the price for the specialized reptile lights sell for about double or triple to what the normal spot lights sell for. So do these reptile lights give off important rays to the reptiles for growth/heat or is there no difference at all?

Thanks
if its just for a heat /basking light , then a normal flood/spot light globe will do .
i use normal flood lights for my beardies, blues , and lace monitor .

I just use phillips reflector globes bought from hardware stores as heating globes. Cost around the $4 - $5 mark. Try and avoid the spot globes as they can concentrate the heat to much and burn animals. They won't provide UVB of course so you will have to provide this separately with a fluoro.

I find floodlights and dicroic lights are sufficient. I use uv flouros on all except mature animals. Most floodlights have a clear hexagon in the middle of the lens, I'd avoid these and use reflector globes if the' real' floods aren't available. The clear hexagon seems to make these floods act like spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back