Reptile park, a few pics..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luohanfan

Reaction score
I took the family to the reptile park at Gosford today.
It was a good day, but would have liked to have seen and handled a few more snakes.
(only seen 2 that were being handled by everyone, the second was a gorgeous diamond, but i only spotted it as the girl was taking it away, and she was quite rude and just wanted to go)
I wish they had more info on what times they were going to have them out, and where..

anyway, rant over..
I had trouble getting pics through the glass, but heres a couple..

wtd2.jpg
wtd.jpg

Tiger..
tiger2.jpg

unsure?
i rushed around chasing the kids and didnt catch everything.. this one looks like it was getting ready to shed?
nice.jpg

and this one is apparently a newly found dwarf king brown???
dwarfkb.jpg

cunning.jpg
green.jpg

---------- Post added 08-Jan-11 at 10:49 PM ----------

cham.jpg
frog.jpg
gtf.jpg

And the nicest pic i could get was of this frog, turned out great for some reason...

I think it may be a Taipan and how cute is that Baby Cunningham :D
Good piccies :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What was that above the Cham?
I assume it's exotic.

yea coastal taipan. the white head is a dead give away. great pics its an awesome place to look around and drool. lol

I think the one above the Cham was a type of Iguana, i cant remember what type now though :(
big day when ya have to chase 4 boys around! lol

i worked there. They have some nice animals. The park is pretty boring as a visitor. All the behind the scenes stuff is the best part. Might put up some pics later.

How do you get behind the scenes then!? :D
Please do post pics..
Id love to get a job working with reps...

I work there on Sundays well when I'm free that is and it's been a long time since I have worked there. Pretty sure the lizard above the Cham is a Fijian banded iguana by memory. With the diamond they rove with the reptiles but they are very cautious as they can't take a chance of someone getting bitten that's why the snake is only out for a short time and then taken away quickly just for the safety of the snake and the public. It is a great place to visit..
Just my two bob :)

it was great, just wish i had gotten even a 10 second look at the diamond, even from a distance..
All i could quickly see was part of the patterning as she walked past and took off..
first time i had seen a high yellow diamond, would love to see it in the flesh close up, and find out if snake ranch (i believe snakeranch is part of the park? ) has similar quality for sale.

Top photos,love the Tai,green Iguana..What do you mean they have similar quality for sale..John W is part of the team at the reptile park..

Sorry, i meant im not sure if they are breeding this line of python, i cant remember seeing them on the website..
All i got was a quick look and it looked like top quality to me, never seen a high yellow, it instantly got my attention..
Ive been thinking about getting one for a while, but wanted to see one in the flesh, and im after a particular example of the species..

The diamond python is the most gorjuz one i have ever seen I will say that

View attachment 210874View attachment 210875View attachment 210876View attachment 210877View attachment 210873View attachment 210878View attachment 210879View attachment 210880View attachment 210881View attachment 210882View attachment 210883
Ok sorry guys i forgot about doing this.
So here are the pictures.
Yeh I know that big snake looks a bit uncomfortable but give me a break it was the only snake id ever held other than a couple of spotted pythons early that week:D
Needless to say afterthis adventure i now have a couple of my own.
Oh and how cute are the owls!!!

I'd like to know how cute the owls are... but the attachments aren't working :(

aww really they are working on my laptop:( let me have a look and see if i can figure out the prob

its a jpeg so it should be ok. You cant click on it or it just wont bring anything up?

I tried clicking but it took me to another page saying the link was invalid. Suck. I love owls.

Im so sorry:( i honestly dont know what to do cause they are working 4 me. ill keep trying. Any help anyone?

We went there a couple of weeks ago. I held the big burmese and an alligator. was pretty awesome!!

You can pay $100 for a behind the scenes tour I believe. Its on their website.

Reptile park is great I love going there when I can. Went behind the scenes once when my dad had to drop something off but only relatively quickly so got to see almost nothing. Get those pics working I want to see Owls :), owls have such owly sounding genus names it's great.

Didn't the sydney herp clubs give a backroom tour with membership? I did one when reptiles australia went there. Fantastic...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back