Reptile Park adventures with Kelly and Tsi!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsidasa

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yay so, yesterday Kelly and I went off to the West Australian Reptile Park which is always for me an absolute pleasure.
We met up with Gary Davies (WestAussie) and had a great chat with him while playing with the carpet pythons and stimmy's.
We asked Gary about snake catching and got into a conversation about the thread that recently appeared of a "snake catcher" appearing on You Tube and treating the snake in what seemed to be a fairly inhumane manner.
Gary got out a wild caught dugite, tiger snake and king brown in turn and showed us how an experienced handler does it.
It was awe-inspiring and I fell in love with the little dugite. Some kids had gathered round and Gary explained how this was his job and just as you don't mess with electricity unless you're an electrician, it's best to let the experienced snake catchers handle the snakes.
Thanks for a great day Gary and West Australian Reptile Park!
Will post some pics later of Kelly and Tsi's adventures!!!
Other highlights include Kelly's baby!!!!.......kangaroo

Yay!
It was such a great day.
Gary was really lovely, so happy to chat to people & give advice :)
Unforunately though Jen's flash specky camera died halfway though which means most of the pictures taken were from my silly little digital camera that doesn't work that great due to being dropped lots haha.

PICTURES ARE COMING SOON :D

you don't mess with electricity unless you're an electrician, it's best to let the experienced snake catchers handle the snakes.

VERY well put. Unfortunately too many people bang on the danger that snakes pose when explaining why it should be left to experienced people to deal with them. This makes a specific point about qualification.

Sounds like a great day :)

Ok guys here's some of kelly's cam pics =) My personal favourite events was the dugite on the floor whom i'm in love with and her name is Splodge and also the baby frilled neck lizard on my hand. But look at the heartwarming cuddle between Kelly and Charlie the carpet snake (haha hope i got the name right Charlie and you weren't actually Harry)

Attachments

• kt1.jpg
    kt1.jpg
    328.9 KB · Views: 194
  • kt2.jpg
    kt2.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 273
  • kt3.jpg
    kt3.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 160
  • kt4.jpg
    kt4.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 159

Attachments

• kt5.jpg
    kt5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 165
  • kt6.jpg
    kt6.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 205
  • kt7.jpg
    kt7.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 267
  • kt8.jpg
    kt8.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 274
... Ok guys will have more photos for you tonight taken with the other cam including the adorable death adders *swoon*
Jen

Attachments

• kt9.jpg
    kt9.jpg
    318.3 KB · Views: 157
  • kt10.jpg
    kt10.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 198
  • kt11.jpg
    kt11.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 154
Haha that dugite came very close to Jen, I think the love was definitely there :lol:

sounds like fun, yeah Tsidasa a big toothy grin and an S shaped posture on a deadly elapid definately signifies love ;)

I forgot to post more pics last night =( But definitely tonight! yay =D
Also - Fancy Gary giving us a talk on elapids and not CHARGING us for it *faint* Free advice rules =p

Hahahaha Krusty,

Sexy girls and sexy snakes,

DAM i should have had the day off

Indeed Krusty, indeed.

A wod of $100 bills and a nice bottle of scotch wouldnt hurt either, hahah.

more pics!!!! yay ok so i look hideous and have a double chin haha but yay anyway =D

Attachments

• kt12.jpg
    kt12.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 179
  • kt13.jpg
    kt13.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 126
  • kt14.jpg
    kt14.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 124
and the last lot =D

Attachments

• kt18.jpg
    kt18.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 119
  • kt19.jpg
    kt19.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 148
  • me & jen.jpg
    me & jen.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
ok i lied cos i somehow missed out this gorgeous one of kelly with her baby kangaroo

Attachments

• kt21.jpg
    kt21.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back