Reptile Records Sheet Download (Excel)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like this record sheet?

• Yes

Votes: 104 91.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Needs improvement

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that! :D I wouldn't know how to get parts of it to stay on the screen all the time when you scroll down, as I have very rarely used Excell. You have done all the hard work for me! I have a little note book I scribble in, so I think this will help make all the info readily available at a glance. Having the photo there is a nice touch.

Probably a dumb question, but how would you measure the length? I can't get Snakey to sit still long enough...lol :lol:, and have no hope of measuring him! :rolleyes: I can only guess by trying to pull him out straight next to something and measuring that (when he's relaxed).

Ahh, many, me as one of them have this problem. Use a program called herp measure. Search it on google, or here at APS. there is instructions on it but I will give you a breif overview.
1.Lay your herp out on the grown where it is not overlapping itself.
2.Take a photo of it with some sort or unit measurement(e.g. A ruler)
3.Upload the photo to "HerpMeasure'
4.Click the unit tool and mark uit up on the units on the photo.
5.Click tghe measurement tool and slowly and carefully mark out a line alone your herp
6.Now you have a approx length of your herp.

Probably a dumb question, but how would you measure the length? I can't get Snakey to sit still long enough...lol :lol:, and have no hope of measuring him! :rolleyes: I can only guess by trying to pull him out straight next to something and measuring that (when he's relaxed).

easiest way i have found is to use plastic coated flexible tape measure, grab your python by the neck with the tape measure in hand, slide the beginning to the tip of its head and while still holding neck slide your other hand down to the vent slowly ,
but before tape i used a peice of string in the same way and then when i got to the vent i would keep that(the string, not the vent) in my fingers and measure the length on to a tradeys tape measure.

easiest way i have found is to use plastic coated flexible tape measure, grab your python by the neck with the tape measure in hand, slide the beginning to the tip of its head and while still holding neck slide your other hand down to the vent slowly ,
but before tape i used a peice of string in the same way and then when i got to the vent i would keep that(the string, not the vent) in my fingers and measure the length on to a tradeys tape measure.

That sounds the easiest. I'll give that a go after Snakey has shed. Thanks everyone for your ideas, if one doesnt work I got lots of options! :D

funny thing that peice of string, my mrs saw me one day and asked what the hell i was doing with it
she looked at me and laughed and called me a caveman, then went and got the tape from a draw in the kitchen said that it was out of a sewing kit. she said here caveman ,look technology.
and continued laughing.
lol

I've just upgraded my records programme.Went out and purchased a new pen!

That sounds the easiest. I'll give that a go after Snakey has shed. Thanks everyone for your ideas, if one doesnt work I got lots of options! :D

yeah it is the easiest for small snakes! :) wait til your snakey is over 2m in length and try to hold both ends! lol

very similar to mine. but on mine, next to the shed column, I've got whether it was a good/bad/average shed or not. gives you an idea of humidty, etc. and also whether an individual snake has a history of good or bad sheds.

That is so great,i used to just write everything down in a book,that is heaps easier,thanx for such a useful threat.

Not only do I like it Matt, It is one of the best Ive seen and I will be switching all my records to it now! Thanks for the spreadsheet mate!

FYI. If anyone wants to change the date format to the Aussie standard of day/month/year, :

Select appropriate cells or columns
R-Click, select Format Cells
On 'Numbers' tab, select 'Date'
Bottom right of that window in 'Locale(location) drop down, select English(Australian)

You can now select the aussie standard format. Even though I'm from Canada (month/day/year), I prefer the Aussie way!

Hope this wasn't stepping on yer toes Matt! Thanks again!!

Last edited:
its great but there are also many great free programs u can download on the internet
for example there is HCS or Herp Care Software

Thanks for the spreadsheet mate!

FYI. If anyone wants to change the date format to the Aussie standard of day/month/year,

Hope this wasn't stepping on yer toes Matt! Thanks again!!

No problems at all mate, just thought i might aswell share it for people that cant or cant be bothered making their own!

As for the date thing, maybe your excel was set to that style date? mine is in australian? strange... but never mind...

Mrillusion, i tried HCS and hated it, didnt find it user friendly at all, plus it had lots of stuff i didnt need and stuff missing that i wanted....

Grimbeny, i will have a look at metzcal, ive never seen it before.....
but i do like the practicality of a spreadsheet....

Cheers all for the kind words, and i hope i have helped alot of people!

Cheers

Matt

Thanks for the Data Sheet.
I have just purchased my first snake. It is a female Diamond Python.
I used to be terrified of snakes but I have now faced my fear. She is wonderful. Fantastic to handle. I love having her.

moz-screenshot.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:
for those that have bigger collections of reptiles there is software programs available as well ( reptile programs ) that manage your coections in the same way as the spreedsheet posted. the software tracks everything u do and enter !

very nice sheet will be useing yours i think mine is alot more complicatd and only lasts a mnthper animal. nicce work

where do you get 560g sub adult mice? i want some ;)

I've been using that spread sheet for a few years now........ Can someone please make it into an iphone app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back