Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeluvver2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
We have an extra room in my house that used to be a study with a computer and encyclopedia set, but now I have my own Laptop and I like to work in my room any way, so I keep thinking herp room herp room.

So i was on my half hour break at work today and I had took all the measurements of enclosures and the room itself beforehand so I made a really rough draft for my reptile room. It only needs two more enclosures (well fourish). I want a triple bank 3ft by 2ft by 2ft for my Darwin, Water Python and what ever else comes my way (keelback keelback keelback!) and I'll be making a 4ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD Tristis Orientalis colony enclosure.

So itll have on one wall
Coastal enclosure (4ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)
Orientalis Colony (4ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)
Triple Bank-Water Python, Darwin and ???? (2ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)

Then on the next wall
6ft by 1.5ft by 2ft aquarium (turtles, file snake or mitchell's monitor...we all dream)

Then on another wall
The book shelf that I cant get rid of
Red Eye's Green Tree Frog colony.

There are power outlets on all three walls so that's not an issue.
The only other thing I really want is a height orientated (self made) enclosure for a colony of GTS in the middle of the room. Just a glass box really.

So any comments, What else is there to consider bar from space. The wall with the aquarium is basically a window and our house is insulated as well.

30871_401932259434_534374434_3947198_222247_n.jpg

if you want a height orientated frog enclosure you can get an aquarium even one with a broken panel of glass turn it up on its side and replace the front or back sheet with plexi pre cut it all so you can seal the bottem to hold water and you can makeyourself a hinge opening door much like the exoterra's while your handy with the blade cut what will be the top of the enclosure off and make yourself a small gauge wire or even large gauge flywire top for it

its a project you can easily finnish building in a weekend then just let it cure for 2-3 weeks the bonus is you can make urself a rockwall if you really game as well

so obviously this would work with any size aquarium possibly look at a 3-5fter so its not to heavy

Hell yes !!!!!
I got the all clear from the mother to create my dream herp room
I've been getting quotes on the triple bank enclosure
and just organsied some mates to help me move stuff on thursday!
My house is cool again

Everytime I see that somebody wants a keelback it makes me wonder if they have ever actually had anything to do with them before? :lol:

I didn't mean that in an 'incapability' way. :)
Have you ever had anything to do with them before Jannico?

They stink! I can't understand why anyone would want to keep anything that smells so bad! Haha

sounds like that room is gonna be awesome Jannico. im building a pair of 6ftx3ftx3fts, some 4x2x2s, some the same size as ur tristis enclosure and just a few little 2ft cubes for antaresia and hatchie-juvis.
i like your idea of the GTS colony. might give me something to put an old 4x2x2 fishtank to use for.
goodluck with it all!

So itll have on one wall
Coastal enclosure (4ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)
Orientalis Colony (4ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)
Triple Bank-Water Python, Darwin and ???? (2ftH by 3ftL by 2ftD)

i doubt that either the Coastal or the Darwin enclosure will be big enough when they are adults

maybe swap the height with the length if possible. that way you can also stack them if need be. taking up half the floor space. thats what im doing with my 4ftL by 3ftH by 2ftD anyway.

you make it sound like a bad thing Jaxtfm. It means i get to make two more enclosures!
and have more room for two more reptiles. That can only be good in my books hahah.

But seriously i dont think my coastal will get much bigger than 5-6ft she wasnt fed a whole lot during her hatchling years and is only 5 feet at 5 years old.
Still only time will tell:)

sorry, wasn't meaning to sound like i was putting a dampner on the whole thing, its just a pet peeve of mine that people get coastals and think a 3ft tank will surfice, after all they spend all day curled up dont they :rolleyes: (not saying your one of them)

if she is only 5ft at 5yo then you may be lucky, my girl .... slow starter... at 28months is pushing toward 6ft,

for a growing snake they would be fine, and while your making their adult vivs you can think about what you can put in the empties....... and if you can talk you parentals into letting you have the walk-in robe, you have an instant scrubby habitat...:lol:

Some new enclosures for the room
Thanks JK Customs
Really nice looking enclosures for a great price.
It uses the heat elements from the Herp Shop with a tile on top.
Will be putting the water python after it sheds. :)
36978_408736454434_534374434_4114430_2249255_n.jpg

duuuude! wish my mum was as cool as yours haha, im 19 and have 2 spare rooms in the house but she still all ****ty about me having more then one python, so just thank her alot for being awesome and letting you do this stuff

They stink! I can't understand why anyone would want to keep anything that smells so bad! Haha

i have a mate that keeps a keelback and i didnt notice a smell and when i asked him about the smell, he said it hasn't yet been an issue. what were you keeping yours on? how often were you cleaning them? when were you feeding them etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back