Reptiles and Salmonella

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where you are headed with this.Bottom line is don't lick your pets,reptilian or otherwise and wash your hands after contact with any pet.

I wasn't aware that I was veering off-topic? I'm merely discussing the subject at hand, and after doing some reading and getting some varied information, it has piqued my interest.

I am saying that while we understand that the risk is present, I for one would like some more detailed information on the topic. "Don't lick your pets" is hardly the bottom line. Maybe on an extremely basic level it is, but some of us are interested in some more in-depth info.

My post was initially in response to:

"The excessive scrutiny of reptiles and salmonella infection comes from the anti reptile keeping fraternity in the US who have borrowed it from the anti freshwater turtle harvesting for pet trade lobby there. "

I do not think that the issue can be dismissed as it was above, and after reading a few articles it's something that I find interesting (as do many others, hence the reason that there are studies being conducted).

i have also had that hand out from them. b4 we knew about it my feance got ill and it
was a strain of it and as he has had a transplant he has no immune system. so it wasn
very nice . so now we are so carefull we both love them to bits but i clean all the tanks
and he only occassionally handles them.. he is more of a watching owner... i just keep
sanitizer on my tank stand so if im busy i dont have to keep going to wash my hands
between tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back