Reptiles Australia BIG REPTILE DAY OUT AT ARP.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Nias fund raiser was mentioned here by some people.
I just would like say that many people did not participate in this fund raiser for all sort of reasons.

I personally did not wanted to have anything to do with the person who was organizing that fund raiser.
If aps support fund raiser or charity to collect money, we have to be sure that the person involved in collection have lot of integrity and that funds collected will be rightly handled.
We made arrangement on APS for our members to donate with out involvement with the other organizers.
We all have right to choose our charity and people who will handle donated funds.

To attack somebody about not supporting fund raiser with out knowing what else was done by them is as low as they can go.

I am sorry Australian Reptiles, and I apologize for comments posted by some individuals in this topic.

Slateman
I agree wholeheartedly, it is very sad that we have to be divided when someone we all obviously respected greatly passes on .. I know Tim would be shaking his head
It does not lessen our grief to attack others and I personally will always miss Tim with a tear in my eye
I just cannot delete his mobile no. from my phone
With all respect and sincerity
Sandee :)

...in regards to the GTP draw - what is the go with licencing?

...ie. if a Class 1 licence holder wins, can they opt for it to be given to a friend/associate with a current Class 2?

Aslan that should be reasonable so rather than say a direct yes I will agree its possible providing conditions are met in regards to snakes welfare and any issues that need to be addressed by respective licensees and the person providing the snake. The aim is to find an owner that can have the snake and probably cannot afford one and realise a dream for them. However people may have entered for other reasons or wish to own it but the license they have may take longer to amend to cater for the snake we will endeavour to arrange that as best we can.

ill come along sounds ok,i mite need a lift from someone though im at wahroonga
which is on the way for some people:D

i'm driving up with Jill,..let me know if u want a lift,.... :)

Yay, can't wait! I haven't been before so this will be exciting. Should be a great day Chris!

Should be!

really looking forward to winning my GTP (well, i havent entered,...yet,..) :)

Is anyone going up from Canberra way???? I would love to go but need a lift.... my car is far too unreliable.

Chris 1 to win you really need to enter..........There are seven days left to get the entry to us. We are now compiling the data and trying to decipher the winning writers for the awards the professional series is pretty clear cut but the amateur it is close between the two popular choices knife edge stuff.

My mag hasn't arived yet, anyone else going tho?

Do you need the card to get free tour coz my subscrip run out and i dont get the mag at my news agents for 3weeks

9.00 park opens
9.45 Funnel-web Milking Show
10.45 Galapagos Tortoise Feeding

11.00 Behind the Scenes venomous Snake Tour (30 people only first 30 in after 10am)
11.00 Reptile Show

11.45 Koala & Python Digital Photos
12.00 Galavant with Galapagos Tortoise (park grounds weather permitting)

12.00 Presentation by Simon Watharow for Writers awards and the DRAW for the Green Pythonfor at undercovered picnic/bbq area

12.30 Spider Talk
1.00 A Venomous Experience
1.30 Crazy Critters
2.00 Koala Feeding
2.15 Reptile Show
2.45 Python Digital Photos
3.00 Tasmanian Devil Talk
3.15 Dingo Talk

Thanks to ARP staff for event management and look forward to seeing you all there!

Unfortunately i'll be in Sydney the next weekend - I will pick up my GTP then :)

just came back from it. it was awesome. 2 of my friends and I were the first people there by like 1 hour; we got there at about 7:15 and no one else came until about 8:35. The 'behind the scenes' section was fantastic.

10/10

ahh i forgot!who else of the forum went?

il be going there for the herp society christmas party soon though

Yeh it was a good day! Thanks alot to ARP for letting us take a look through! It was a fantastic oppurtunity to see some animals close up that a lot of us will never have the chance to see otherwise.

I'm sure some of those who were bright enough to remember their camera will post some of their photos very soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back