Reptiles in East Timor.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rossagon

Reaction score
Hey guys heres another one. Did a trip to east Timor for Work last year and managed to go around and catch a few things. Got some photos for ya. Love the Tokay geckos, and i can tell you that they give a decent bite!!!

I can tell you that the locals do not like snakes one bit in East Timor. I caught this one under a stack of pallets in Dili. I caught a few others around the place but don't have pictures. They have a large variety of snakes up there. alot of white lipped vipers, you can see them all over the roads at night and in a lot of buildings outside of town. You can usually see these little green blobs way up in the rafters, which almost always turns out to be a WLV coiled up.

Yeah dude, they get white lipped pythons down the southern coast. Aparantly they get green trees as well, but im not certain on that. They get all sorts of wonderful stuff up there. theyve got Retics as well, coming across from Indo and West Timor. Saw a few nice little elapids around as well. Cacophis sp and the like. The macklots are everywhere up there. They are a member of the Childrens group. Liasis sp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back