Ridge tail monitors

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Ridge tail monitors

Simon, in your experience what have you found to be the best bulb to supply adequate UVA/B when using large aquarium style enclosures? Do those Ozbright ones do the job well enough?

Do those Ozbright ones do the job well enough?
Sorry to jump on the question parko, but they are great. You still need to have them low enough for the animal to get the full benefit of the UV light, but as in the case of monitors this is not a problem as they love the heat so much. The OZbright 160w would be best obvioulsy.

^^^ Yeah what Huggy said...Oz-brights are great. You get what you pay for.

Simon Archibald

*penny drops* ahhhh.... so ridge tailed monitors = ackies?

*penny drops* ahhhh.... so ridge tailed monitors = ackies?

Indeed it does, it comes from their scientific name Varanus Acanthurus.

Yes, ackies, ridgeys, spiny tailed, all the same thing. Very nice they are.

:lol: so how much are you wanting for them? Difficulty of care - eg - same as dragons?

get the book Australian Goannas by Matt Vincent and Steve Wilson. It will tell you most of the stuff you need to know.

$250 each. If you set your enclosure up correctly giving them all they need as you should with anything, they are very easy to look after. I would recommend them as one of the better monitors, if not the best, to start of with.

Quote:

Oh and just quietly...I think you'd be much better off getting some Blackheaded Monitors...everyone has ackies...you want something you don't see EVERYday

What do you mean I see them plenty out here.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back