RIP bigfella!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello all,

Over the last week i have been trying my best to help the Famous Blocker fight off a bad infection. After a trip to the vet i was given some anti-biotics and a strict regime of aid that i was following to the letter, sadly, during the course of last night it took its toll and Block couldnt keep up the fight. Its very saddening to see him go, but im just happy he isnt suffering now and hopefully he is happy in a better place.

Here are some pics to remember him by.

RIP you big doofus!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
helloblocker.jpg

3.jpg

blocker21.jpg

Heres to you Block,
From your best pal,
Alan.

Blocker

Thats so sad (you nearly bloomin' made me cry).
I am sorry to here that, I know he meant alot to you!
My condolences :cry:

Thanks possum, it means alot to me.

Yeah, he was one of my favourite mates, i'll miss him heaps!

Sorry to hear that Sherm :(

He was a cutie...love the top pic

:cry: Sorry to hear the bad news, it sucks when one of your herp babies moves on :cry:

So sorry to read about your loss, Alan. It sounds like he was a much-loved mate. Thinking of you and him,

Lily

Really sad to hear that Al, He was a cool snake. Been there myself, I can relate. RIP Blockhead :(

Alan, sorry that you lost your carpet, did you raise him up from a hatchling? How old was he? Also, do you know what kind of infection it was? What were the symptoms? And what tests did your vet perform?

serpenttongue said:
Alan, sorry that you lost your carpet, did you raise him up from a hatchling? How old was he? Also, do you know what kind of infection it was? What were the symptoms? And what tests did your vet perform?

I got him as an adult and raised him for about 2 years. He was said to be about 5 when i got him, but his past was a bit hazy.

The vet said he picked up canker from his body slowing down too far in cooling. There were no symptoms, except that one day he was just really limp and not responding as usual (hissing, trying to get away ect) so i took him to the vet and he looked him over finding the mouth infection (something easily picked up if weekly health checks were carried out more often by myself.........there is a lesson there for everyone). The vet treated him on the spot with a strong anti-biotic injection, and told me to mouthwash him everyday, along with warm baths and injections every 3 days.

I gave him his second dose of a/b's yesturday afternoon along with a bath, he drank in the bath which was a good sign and was a bit more responsive, but unfortunately, he gave up the fight over the course of the night.

From now on, im going to fully check over all my herps on a weekly basis to make sure there are no nasties in any of them, and if so, they can hopefully be treated alot quicker.

Cheers, Alan.

Chin up Al, you dont realise how attatched you can be to things until you lose them. I'm a little suprised at how much the news has affected me. I miss the big bloke... all those mornings waking up on the couch after a big night at the Strawbs... Blocker sitting there watching... almost "laughing" at me in my hungover state.
You're left with a heap of awesome memories. I've only got a handfull but its enough to make me smile when I hear his name. He was a top snake, with a great character and we'll all miss him. I'll be having a quiet Bundy for him tonight.
Think of the good times dude, how lucky you were to have him.

You're left with a heap of awesome memories. I've only got a handfull but its enough to make me smile when I hear his name. He was a top snake, with a great character and we'll all miss him. I'll be having a quiet Bundy for him tonight.
Think of the good times dude, how lucky you were to have him.

Well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back