roaches vs crickets.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leave them in there - they will keep breeding until they die... ;)

Honestly, as many as you can afford...I wouldn't get less than 300 or so (and would probably suggest 400 - 500) but the more the merrier...your colony will establish itself very quickly that way...

ok cool as for the time being im gunna just get the 21 day olds for immediate use and in a week im going to get 300 adults... just so i have time to buy what i need etc thank you all so much for your help i really appreciate it and I'm ready to go! will post pics ofthe lil guys when they get here once again thanks

~Rach

jmo but i think u should get the adults asap so that u will have roach pups earlier.

I would get some teflon/fluron paint as well, makes life a lot easier. You paint a line around the rim of your tub and the roaches can't get out.

Last edited:
lol this is true. but im glad i know what i need now.... i like to know alot about the animals im getting and what their needs are...... coz at the end of the day i just want happy healthy gex so sorry for buggin everyone lol

I just use vasaline, i realise its probably easier to use fluon. But i really havnt seen any negatives with vaso.

you need atleast vasaline though becaus they will wait for u to take the lid off then run for it, or they might sit and wait on the lid.

yea u just wipe a bit on, doesnt need to be too thick. 3cm arround the top is probably enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back