Rough scaled python pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradchip

Reaction score
Decided to whip the camera out tonight and get a few pics of my little roughie. I find that pics never really do these guys justice though. This is definitely my favourite of the Morelia. The most inquisitive little snake I've come across, and it's hard to get past those huge eyes!

7554716528_f76e4ff03d_b.jpg

7555578952_148b4ed493_b.jpg

And here's some crappy pics I've gotten with the phone.

7555852304_f3c9b6c4b3_c.jpg

7555851914_f0cc356116_b.jpg

And in the feeding position :D

7555853230_8f04eb4a49_b.jpg

my boy

Attachments

• 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 95
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 109
OMFG where can I get a pair of these? been thinking about it for ages... this thread has made up my mind in just 2 posts...

Yes defineatly one of my favourites by a country mile.
Heres my girls, ones real dark and the other a lighter one.

Attachments

• IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 131
  • normal dark colour.jpg
    normal dark colour.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 125
  • RSP 010.jpg
    RSP 010.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 144
Yommy ...the lighter coloured one is incredible. ;)

Actually I really dig the dark one too. Great looking critters you have there.

I love that first photo Bradchip, what camera are you using?

They are by far my favorite species.
Old photo, but here's one I took of one of my Roughies in the famous ball.
802c5ee7.jpg

And some of my new ones, taken with iPhone.
4bc83a6a.jpg

Sorry for the tub being in the way in this photo, but it's the only way I can get a photo of her sitting like a GTP.
97a47585.jpg

How do you guys find them to handle? I'm getting a couple feeding for a friend and these two are really docile (part of the reason they wont eat, is cause they won't strike) the rest of the clutch are just snappy little @"&$$! Do they settle down once they get a little older/bigger?

Bradchip
That is the most divine little creature you have there and your photography skills show him/her off to the max
Cheers
Sandee :)

I love these little guys, They are amazing, and those eyes, are just the best, Enjoy your awesome little critters :)

Here's one I snapped at the Australian Reptile Park. They have a big-ish display with four or five animals on show.

Pic isn't the best, as it was through glass, but you can get the general gist.

sy4lfa.jpg

How do you guys find them to handle? I'm getting a couple feeding for a friend and these two are really docile (part of the reason they wont eat, is cause they won't strike) the rest of the clutch are just snappy little @"&$$! Do they settle down once they get a little older/bigger?

Out of all my snakes, my Roughies are the friendliest and best handlers, even as hatchlings. When their young, their just scared like any snake, but don't worry, they grow out of it.

Yommy ...the lighter coloured one is incredible. ;)

Actually I really dig the dark one too. Great looking critters you have there.

Yes it hard to pick between the too thats for sure. the thing i like about the dark one is when she goes 'ghosty' she is incredibly silver.

The male i am pair with these two this season is a shade between the two so will be interesting to see what is produced.

There is some fair variance with this species with colour and pattern tones. One of the most under rated pythons in the hobby...

What fantastic photography - nice one.

Out of interest, does anyone know if most Roughies kept privately in Oz are closely related, i.e. descended from a handful of animals collected on a one-off trip, or if dealers are regularly collecting new blood? I'm assuming their collection is highly regulated.

The offspring from animals intercepted by customs here in Europe and passed to guys like Mark Mense are likely to be on the market in the UK in a year or two. I guess the species is reasonably safe from overcollection in the wild because of its remote location. Personally I wouldn't keep them (outside of Australia) as I wouldn't like to do anything that might encourage smugglers to feed demand, although I suppose one could argue that selling captive bred animals inhibits exploitation rather than encourages it.

What fantastic photography - nice one.

Out of interest, does anyone know if most Roughies kept privately in Oz are closely related, i.e. descended from a handful of animals collected on a one-off trip, or if dealers are regularly collecting new blood? I'm assuming their collection is highly regulated.

I believe the number of Roughies collected from the wild was only 10. We are not aloud to collect from the wild in Oz, meaning their are no new lines being introduced to the hobby. So their wouldn't be to many that aren't related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back