runny bum

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakecharmer

Reaction score
hi all
hows tricks
i got a :?:
that i hope someone out there can help me with
when i got home this morning mrs charmer saided that 1 of our wateries was sick
turns out she had a case of the runny duck farts
what a mess
so has any one got any ideas what may have caused this
thanks all for any help
sc

Hey there Charmer old boy , hows it going?
When I saw ya post I immediately got my book by the Rossis out "What's wrong with my snake" useless book, no reference to Runny Bum or even "Runny Duck farts", so here's what they got to say about Dior, err, Dyore, runny duck farts :)
The first part of the treatment for diarrhea is to correct the environment. If the problem persists then you must seek a medical solution.Repeated faecal exams or a gastric wash may reveal protozoan or metazoan parasites and a faecal culture and sensitivity test may reveal primary or secondary bacterial invaders causing the loose stools, fancy word for turds :) Once the nature of the guilty organism is determined it may be eliminated with appropriate parasiticide or antibiotic. Sometimes diarrhea will respond to increased environmental temperature alone, but do not delay treatment long as it may become very serious even fatal problem.

As I said Charmer the above is taken from the book "Whats wrong with my snake" by Roxanne & John Rossi.
Good luck mate, now I've read the book I'm off to the doctors :)

Just as a small aside....most protozoa or bacteria are infectious to Homo sapien sapiens (humans) too.......isolate the snake and amke sure you wash your hands very very well.

Cheers Hawkeye

My adult water python doesn't tolerate rodents, symptoms, runny foul smelling crud and corkscrewing. Feeding on poultry she's a champ, all tests came back negative as our suspicions were protozoa and the like.

Afriac (woops Africa)....it's to do with the way you get your snake out of a wine bottle. :oops:

thanks all
she only did the one runny ducky fart
but i did sterillise her house and everything in it
the temp in her house doesn't get bellow 28 deg
and the norm during the day is 32
so i recon that might be about right
if she does it again i will get the stool tested
but for now she looks fine thanks again all
sc 8) :lol:

Hey Charmer you can save dollars if you test the stools yaself! Just put one in the middle of the room and stand on it, jump up and down on it a bit and if none of the legs snap off then it is a good sturdy stool and quite safe to sit on or to offer to guests :)

rofl africa, term corkscrewing referring to the twisting motions of the snake crudding/or not while in pain. Not nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back