safe to feed spiders to EWDs ??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudgudgeon

Reaction score
Just wondering what people's thoughts are on feeding live spiders to EWDs?

I occasionally feed smallish spiders to my EWDs which they smash in no time.
I often have big huntsmans around the house and have one sitting in a container, but have baulked at feeding it to my EWDs.

I've no doubt a wild EWD would smash as many huntsmans as they could find, not sure about a pet EWD though?

its a spider, eat it or not just don't let it free. it will tell all the other spiders how nice you are and how easy it will be to crawl in your mouth while you sleep.

Well, my son gave me strict orders I wasn't allowed to feed spiders to my lizards (he likes spiders! ) so my EWDs missed out on some sport, and we spent 1/2hr with a freakin huge huntsman crawling up our arms!

I'll admit to squirming a bit when it crawled up one arm across the back of my neck, then down my back! lol

I prefer spiders, to most people, so would say NOOOOOOOO!

i wouldnt think huntsmans would be a problem!
i wouldnt feed a black widow or funnel web tho!

Funnel Web venom is highly restricted to what it effects, whilst it is deadly on Primates it has little effect on most other animals.
It would be fine to feed the majority of spider species to EWDs, esp common abundant species within the Dragons range as they would be very used to eating most of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back