salamanders in pet shops?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanBass

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I was in penrith today and at the pet shop they had 4 salamanders in one of there tanks, I asked them why are they selling illegal animals the clerk just said "they accidentally morphed from our axolotls!" I have heard if you feed axolotls some kind of drug they do morph but never accidentally nor do I want any salamanders, so anyways have you guys seen salamanders in pet shops?

I used to have a pair of axolotls; would be interesting to see what they look like and how the changes occur. You weren't able to snap up any pics or able to link what it looks like after its morph?

There are some in a hornsby pet shop! I didnt relise they were illegal?

I didnt take any photos as I didnt think of it :( I'll try to find a link to what one looks like though :)

they aren't illegal. they're just the adult stage axolotls.

They are just mature axolotols. In either form they are deemed too much of a danger to enter the NT.

They are not illegal if they are morphed Axolotls, morphed Axos are quite common in pet shops these days.
They would not have morphed by accident, in order to force them to morph you need to add certain chemicals to the water and gradually reduce the levels

8a826b67-251c-cf75.jpg

they looked allot like this, but with about 6-8 bright yellow spots on it's back (sorry if the photo doesnt work as this is my first time doing it)

Oh sorry, I just thought it's illegal because everything else that isn't Aussie is lol

don't waste your money, honestly its stupid forcing a animal to evolve when not needed risking its like for no reason

they have some at macquarie shopping centre in north ryde. $120 each. ask the young guy working there for info and he will tell you all the info you need to know, such as a reptile lic (even though you don't need a lic esp a reptile one.) and heat lights blah blah blah

They are only $100.00 you do not need heat or a license for them as they are only morphed axoltyls and are bred in Australia

I read somewhere ages ago that you could morph them by feeding them moths...something to do with the iron levels..
But i always thought that the ones sold in shops where bred to never morph and to be sexually active in there non morphed stage..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back