Salamanders

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ewan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all I have been reading all the salamander threads on this site tonight trying to I'D it. Someone who replied to my For Sale add told me that it is either a Santa Cruz Black Salamander or an Alpine Black Salamander but I have a feeling its just a local morph. Does anyone know how I can tell if its a forced morph or infact a locale specific species. I have 2 females of the same type.

P1000381.jpg
P1000393.jpg

P1000382.jpg

Can anyone help me identify these salamanders?

Erm :|

Where did you get those from? Salamanders are illegal.

I got them from a pet shop last year.

I dunno about that, W.T.BUY. I'm pretty sure it's also illegal to force Axolotls to morph.

Morphed Axo's aren't true Salamanders, anyway.

They were probably just morphed Axo's then. Salamanders are definately illegal.

how much did they set u back?? have u breed them???

They were 200 bux each. The Mrs wanted them so we compromised and got them. haven't breed them no. i wouldnt know how, besides i think i have 2 females.

i have seen both newts and salamanders for sale, in fact i was in a pet shop yesterday that was selling them... and for a lot less than $200!

i need someone to tell me what they were not another legallity or morality thread. there is 2 or 3 of those already. does anyone know for sure or can you not tell if they are morphed or true?

soz ewan im not trying to turn it into morality, just curious. never even heard of axolotls morphing!

no no i wasnt accusing anyone in particular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back