Say yes to the Jag

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the carpondros info! When are as going to start seeing these come up for sale on a market level! Imo they look just as good and even better then jags!!! Come on I'm sure people will be able to make a good $ out of them for a while!

Stupidest post. Hybrids are just as pathetic as jags (not even 'naturally occurring' like jags if you want to get technical) and for a lot of those people tend to go hand in hand. How can you be against a jag but pro hybrid, people these days. I guess I've learned not to expect much anymore. I barely even bother with either of these topics (as I just don't care enough) but you're so against one but think its fine to hybridise with no real reason.

All anyone ever wants is a 'pretty snake' why can't you appreciate a chondro for what it currently is? Naturally occurring they're stunning, some of their morphs are stunning without having to introduce another species.

I keep my crickets inside my netted tank ... works out for everyone!
the roaches are kept in the fridge .. evil bastards

i put my scalyfoots in the fridge before handling aswell ... so much easier when they are slower!

But look at how we are designed, compare us to say a wolf or a bear. Unless we are genetically made to make use of our adaptability i don't see it being that unbelievable.
If people portrayed me purely from this thread i would come across as a jag breeding vegetarian that trys to put my hippy ways on others haha,

Saying this as im absolutely destroying a steak

It's absolutely unbelievable, hence the ha ha ha.

so is the other guys , so what just because we wernt born with massive claws to kill prey we shouldn't eat meat , pfft nature has plenty of ways of killing prey without the need for claws or the like , whos to say we arnt ment to be jumpin on the backs of animals and strangling or choking them like snakes do , they dont even have limbs and they kill and eat their prey , so the logic behind the theory of our teeth and us not having claws or anything like bears to kill our meat is just as flawed as the other theory

Im not saying its right but yet again ill argue for it just because i can't see it being unbelievable, The only reason i can see us being designed meat eaters is if infact we are supposed to adapt like you suggested. If our biological path has lead us to tools and utensils then so be it but being a naked human out in the forest i can see us living on greens and coexisting with other creatures, sure we COULD eat them but that probably wouldnt occur prior to hundreds of years of self indulging and learning how good meat is.

So u make your own co2.... It's not humane but its the best the RSPCA will allow at the moment.... Labs r still trying to come up with something better

Further more who is anyone to tell someone what they should and shouldn't like. It's called personal preference for a reason. And since you appreaciate a naturally occuring chondro why take it (or any snake) out of its natural environment and keep it in a enclosure?

So putting something to sleep, isn't humane? Maybe you and I have different definitions of "humane". Not entirely surprising given your current stance on current subject at matter. When I have something a lot more humane then I will be definitely looking into it. However I feel putting something to sleep to be a better way than feeding live or freezing live. Once again my opinion doesn't make me right, doesn't make me wrong. It's just my own doing.

- - - Updated - - -

me either :(
i also use co2 and I don't like it but its the best available at the mo....it's not putting to sleep its suffocation but if that's what the RSPCA says we can do then till sumat else comes up I suppose we continue....

The thing most people never say about carpondros is that as you they may look ok to some people
but as adults they look pretty bad so far
colour change all chondros go through with generally positive results
comes out really bad in adult carpondros

Pretty sure Chondros are all bred in captivity unless you have the appropriate license, which is only given to zoos and scientists ect...

Further more who is anyone to tell someone what they should and shouldn't like. It's called personal preference for a reason. And since you appreaciate a naturally occuring chondro why take it (or any snake) out of its natural environment and keep it in a enclosure?

Yes everyone is entitled to their own opinion but it is just confusing when jags are bad but strange hybrids are fine. But then you were never going to convince me as I don't even like the thought of crossing localities let alone species.

Yes i do bananpeel i was making an ironic point to previous comments. As far as jags bad condros good i never sait it so black and white and I've explained myself a couple of times I don't wish to do it again. Please read over my previous posts for clarification. I think I'm about done with this thread lol

OMG, WTH, ***, ??????????????????????????? i put up a thread to show how beautiful some of the JAGS are in the U.S and to bring to the fore the deplorable conditions alot of the oversea's breeders are keeping their reps in, i later included the Nuero problems which i was errant in mentioning at the start and went off for a poppy nap, imagine my surprise when i came back to the forum and found 10 pages of mostly diatribe ranging from Jags, morphs, religion, anthropology, zoology, veganism, vegeism, a debate about omnivorous V carnivorous and the ever present "bag the learner or the kid" as well as bag everyone in general. Don't think i will bother posting any more high emotion threads after this or asking too many more questions, think i might go back to lurking.....................................................................................Ron

OMG, WTH, ***, ??????????????????????????? i put up a thread to show how beautiful some of the JAGS are in the U.S and to bring to the fore the deplorable conditions alot of the oversea's breeders are keeping their reps in, i later included the Nuero problems which i was errant in mentioning at the start and went off for a poppy nap, imagine my surprise when i came back to the forum and found 10 pages of mostly diatribe ranging from Jags, morphs, religion, anthropology, zoology, veganism, vegeism, a debate about omnivorous V carnivorous and the ever present "bag the learner or the kid" as well as bag everyone in general. Don't think i will bother posting any more high emotion threads after this or asking too many more questions, think i might go back to lurking.....................................................................................Ron

Ten pages of newbies gossiping about nothing really. Lurk if you must.

so a quick summary of what we've achieved so far , we instantly picked on the tub sizes ( which im not arguing with ) then we turned to twitchy jags as was always going to be the out come ,then began comparing it to albinos and their problems and calling on animal welfare then it turned to carphondros ( or however the things spelt ) then in typical aps fashion we began to swerve right off topic

the discussion turned to how our meat produce is farmed and our teeth and whether or not we should be eating meat ( gotta love that one ) then we got into the gassing of our rats for a lil bit and a few personal attacks where made before people started saying good night to one another

so all in all , been a pretty interesting thread , hope the op got what he wanted ;) lesson learned huh dont mention jag in the thread tittle :)

You've pretty much summed it up Thomassss. Where are the mods tonight? They would have had fun with this one.

i think regarding JAG over the last week they just let this run it course....they prob having a chit chat to what there next step is..........got to be honest im feeling for them as ive been in contact on the odd occasion with them and there job is deff not easy

You've pretty much summed it up Thomassss. Where are the mods tonight? They would have had fun with this one.

The mods are around... I just saw a thread disappear with ninja like precision and that thread didn't even make me want to play single player russian roulette like this one does. Also I'm certain this thread made baby jebus and kittens cry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back