another Eastern brown from the back yard!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGBANG

Reaction score
PB140574.jpgwas sitting out the back in the patio with my wife and one of our frinds while the kids ran round us and bounced on the tramp, i had just put my staffy on the chain to keep he away from the kids, i'd just said that i needed to mow the lawns tonight after i went in and handled some of the snakes after one bit me last night. Then the 7 year old on the tramp said " there is a snake" we said "what" then he repeated it, so i grabbed my hook and went to investigate and sure enough found this beautiful EB cruising along the fence line, was a little to close for comfort only 4 meters from the kids on the tramp and probably 6 meters from the patio.

i'll try put up a video of the release, still not sure on how to put on a video i have a youtube chanel.
[video=youtube;aCoBILjClJQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCoBILjClJQ&feature=plcp[/video]

Last edited:
well done :)

I thought I had a brown near my rat shed the other day.... but I got a good look at it (when I nearly stepped on it :shock:) and noticed it was an olive type green and brown colour..... very skittish and fast.... about 70cm long.... very fine snake (not heavy)
I reckon it is more likely a whip snake.... I would take a pic but it is so fast and always panicing when I get to see it :rolleyes:

forgot to add the scream was from my 3 1/2 year that i had sitting on the back of the ute watching me release it

Aww, so nice to see an alive snake that has been released back out into the wild, good on you :)
Stunning snake, thanks for the video as well.

Such are the opinions of people in my town, got to work this morning and said to the boss " had another brown snake in the back yard last night" his response " I hope you killed the effing thing" I said " no caught it and released it" then he came out with " you are a stupid dumb C word that's ridicules". People just don't understand, what is the point of killing them!! Another one will only move into its place! I understand people being scared of them but the attitude here is really starting to **** me! I had a mate that knows I love snakes and when I told him he had the same response then added that he'll go out and shoot as many snakes as he can and dump them on my front lawn!

glad there is rational people like yourself around in your town, and your attitude will educate your children,imagine who has the cooler dad,the one who shoots or clubs a snake? or dad that can actually catch the snake so the kids can have a close look before dad releases it away from the house?
What a wonderful creature is the Brown snake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back