Scales & Tails Reptile Festival - Ipswich

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really great to hear Joy, well done to you and the team at Scales & Tails.

Will be seeing you and hopefully Den again this November... looking forward to it!

So (sorry to sound like a muppet), which snakes/reptiles are on a "commercial" licence? Antesaria and?

So (sorry to sound like a muppet), which snakes/reptiles are on a "commercial" licence? Antesaria and?

There are plenty, blue tongues, beardies, cunninhams, turtles, some geckoes. and id say the list goes on, but just because i own some of these doesnt mean i can sell them, because i only have a recreational license not a commercial license.

Well Ive seen blue tongues, pink tongues, pygmy easter and central beardies, levis and turtles at pet stores and theres probably more but those 5 are a definite. And unfortunately with snakes only Anteresia are on a rec (not that I'd be allowed a snake anyway)

There are plenty, blue tongues, beardies, cunninhams, turtles, some geckoes. and id say the list goes on, but just because i own some of these doesnt mean i can sell them, because i only have a recreational license not a commercial license.

Helikaon, If you have some that you would like to sell at the Festival give me a call and I'll go through it all with you as to how it can be done.
Cheers
Joy

Hi Joy,hope all things are going well in preparation for the Ipswich show in 4 weeks?

Have you managed to have the laws changed to allow the sale of animals Joy?

I'm still keen to know how it will work in practice. As I understand it, in Qld a commercial licence is issued to a location (i.e. a pet shop business address) but the owner of the business can apply for a day permit sell at another location. All this needs is the approval of the head honcho at DERM - this has been the case for quite a while. So anyone wth a recreational licence and wanting to sell their animals on the day has to effectively hand their animals over to the pet shop owner, who legally owns them once he puts them onto his licence, and then, at the end of the day any unsold animals are transferred back to the recreational licence holder. All this must be done with the usual movement advices to and from as well.

Is this how it works, and is the compliant pet shop owner getting any sort of commission on the sales?

The species allowed to be sold are:

Central Netted Dragon
Inland Bearded Dragon
Pink-tongued Skink
Eastern Bluetongue
Cunningham's Skink
Eastern Snake-necked Turtle
Saw-shelled Turtle
Krefft's River Turtle
Murray Turtle
Thick-tailed Gecko
Rough Knob-tailed Gecko
Nephurus amyae
Nephurus levis
Antaresia childreni
Antaresia maculosus
Antaresia stimsoni

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still keen to know how it will work in practice. As I understand it, in Qld a commercial licence is issued to a location (i.e. a pet shop business address) but the owner of the business can apply for a day permit sell at another location. All this needs is the approval of the head honcho at DERM - this has been the case for quite a while. So anyone wth a recreational licence and wanting to sell their animals on the day has to effectively hand their animals over to the pet shop owner, who legally owns them once he puts them onto his licence, and then, at the end of the day any unsold animals are transferred back to the recreational licence holder. All this must be done with the usual movement advices to and from as well.

Is this how it works, and is the compliant pet shop owner getting any sort of commission on the sales?

The species allowed to be sold are:

Central Netted Dragon
Inland Bearded Dragon
Pink-tongued Skink
Eastern Bluetongue
Cunningham's Skink
Eastern Snake-necked Turtle
Saw-shelled Turtle
Krefft's River Turtle
Murray Turtle
Thick-tailed Gecko
Rough Knob-tailed Gecko
Nephurus amyae
Nephurus levis
Antaresia childreni
Antaresia maculosus
Antaresia stimsoni

Jamie

Yup that's how it works , should be some nice animals at good prices for sale!!

Good on ya Joy!

It's getting close now guys...... Only a month away. I'll be getting emails out to everyone who's exhibiting or selling over the next few days finalising everything. If you aren't already on my list please email me at [email protected] to make arrangements for you to either exhibit or to let me know what animals you have for sale.

Just a couple of threads ago a couple of people have very kindly already listed the animals that can be sold on a Qld Commercial permit and outlined how it all works so I don't need to do that in this post. Please email me if you have animals that you would like to sell and need anything explained further. Those outlined above will be the only animals able to be sold on the day, however I can assure you that we have some awesome reptiles lined up for you to see that you wouldn't normally have the opportunity of seeing in people's private collections.

Everything's on track and progressing nicely. It's going to be an awesome day. See you all there.

Cheers
Joy

Woo! Can't wait :D

Anyone selling Nephrurus levis at the expo? Can't wait to see some of the lovely animals people have in their collections at the expo! Only 4 weeks!

Does "Rough Knob-tailed Gecko" include Amyae and Asper or just Amyae?

Does "Rough Knob-tailed Gecko" include Amyae and Asper or just Amyae?

Rough Knob-Tailed Gecko = N.asper

Central/Centralian Rough Knob-Tailed Gecko = N.amyae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back