Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with snakes, and lizards, and roaches, and spiders etc etc... but I am absolutely terrified of birds and butterflies (actually, most things that fly). I have been known to crash to the ground screaming if a bird flies over me a little too low. I went to Sydney Wildlife park with my son when he was 3, and to get to the exit you have to go through the butterfly enclosure, I thought I'd be ok until one of them touched me and I had to get the hell out of there, in tears and dragging my poor confused son behind me, while he said "look at the pretty butterflies mummy". lol... go figure.

I rescued a baby bird once, I found it in my driveway. It was one of the scariest experiences of my life trying to drop a towel on it, pick it up and put it in a box... I hope the neighbours weren't watching because I would have looked like a nut screaming and jumping around for an hour over a tiny little bird *shudders*. When I got it in the box I called a wildlife place and told them they had to pick it up immediately because I could hear it and I would have had nightmares if it stayed in my house. They came within an hour lol

im the same as Nighthawk.....its the reason Yoda doesnt get roaches at feed time.....*shudders* heebie jeebies alright but i'm fine with huntsmans (only spider i will handle) and as long as others are in the enclosure i'll have a peek, snakes of all sizes im fine, all lizards, most domestic animals and babies all good!

every thought of putting the woodies into a large container and when you want yoda to have some just move him/her to the woodies container for a feed and then back into the enclosure when he/she has had enough?

Oh come on you guys...scared of beardies?!

chopperpic.jpg

:lol: LOL well.....probably not the best example of a 'friendly beardie'......thats definately a face only a mother could love! ;)

I wasn't calling chopper a beardie, I was just using his photo as a light suggestion of a phrase he's popularly known for. I left it vague so as not to seem profane. I guess it's not quite a the aussie household meme I thought it was. :p

Chickens....any chicken,big or little.i am terriffied of chickens.dunno why,but i am.can take on just about anything else................but NO chickens.we all got funny fears....mine especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back