Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MorganDragon, I am not the least bit nervous when handling a python or removing it from its enclosure. I know full well that the tag of a hatchling is not going to hurt me or the snake. But I will be damned, like you, if I am going to let myself be tagged, irrespective of the size of the snake. Does that make me a whim? I don’t care if does. The fewer bites delivered by a snake to its handler, the better in my opinion. Makes for a better snake to handle. How you achieve that is up to you and the individual snake. Whatever works for you!

I might add here that a mate who wondered why I was fluffing around with his snappiest carpet hatchling, spent 10 minutes convincing me the bite doesn’t hurt. He would not accept that I knew that but it was not the reason I was not going to let it tag me. So to shut him up I let him hold the snake while it tagged me 2 or 3 times. I did not flinch and he at first looked puzzled and then proclaimed: “See. I told you it doesn't hurt at all.” I replied “Yes” and went back to handling it in such a manner as it did not tag me. I think the whole episode left him rather puzzled. Lol.

Blue

i took her out yesterday and she tagged me a few times. i jolted a bit but it didnt hurt at all. now i am not all that scared, still a bit jumpy but not as much anymore. but im sure it will get better over time.

thank you to everyone who has helped. i have started to use the cloth and it works wonders. :)

Nice work, after a while you probably won't even jolt. My Bredli use to bight all the time, once I got over it he realised that I didn't care and stopped being cage defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back