Scenario - input appreciated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsmyreptiles

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a little situation on my hands and i just want to know what you guys think i should do :)

I have sold a pair of juvenile coastal carpet pythons to somebody in Sydney...well, i THOUGHT they were a pair. I 'popped' them two days after they were born and have never gotten it wrong before...but apparently this time i have as the person is telling me that they are both female.

What do i do? What would you do?

This person really wanted a pair, but they are both girls.

Please help. All input appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Tennille

LOL - i just wanted to add to the guys who have gotten scrubs off me, they are definately what i said they are, they were all probed by Bob Donnelly (experienced herp vet). I prefer not to probe smaller snakes, ie carpets and antaresia families. Scrubs are a different story...they're bigger and the hatchling scrubs are cranky anyway, so probing makes no difference to them :lol:

As much as it will bust you tell the truth!!!! I have even though I am in deep poo( can't afford what we arranged,but will stick to it!!!)So just bite the bit and say sorry they have been sexed as girls and put your tail between your legs and say sorry,we are all human and make mistakes.(I hope I am not the lady in Sydney you posted about earlier last lite).Oh bugger pm me I am in financial strife!!!

Thanks Adam,
I am telling the truth and i am sorry that i messed this up for him. I was just sent an email that i considered to be a bit nasty, that's all.
My intention is to send him another snake (probed as male)

Good on you!!!! I KNOW you will do the right thing,even if you had to buy one!!! Bugger them rude emails!!!! Get BUCKED all of you that want to whinge to us nice people. Notice it's always the same few who get nasty emails, and it's always the ones who contribute the most!!! All you ungratefull bastards out there PISS OFF!!!!!! (Sorry Slatey)

personally i would ask for the female back, if its a genuine mistake then you cant really be blamed, hundreds of snakes are out there being sold as a perticular sex and turn out being the opposite, ive got a male here that turned out to be female, and two females that turned out to be male, one of the females coming from a zoo!.
so if i were you i`d just replace the female with a male, you pay for freight to get the female back and send the new male bobs your fathers brother, everythings savvy..

cheers
Steve

Yeah all but "hic" person. Seems they are beyond making a mistake!!!!

Edited by Slateman. Not friendly comment forward other members.

I will get some hatchies from ben today. Willing to swap to your buer for female one male, But they are only hatchlings.

People make mistakes, easy to do with pop sexing, he should be happy he got 2 females and not 2 males.
I agree with STP i would ask for one female back and then send down another male.
Don't go giving away snakes for a little mistake like that.
Probing is the only 100% sure way to sex snakes and you won't do any damage to small snakes if you know what your doing.

Suppose I should pop up and say I was the person iluvs sold the hatchies too...We've worked it out thanks guys :)

Hello
Steve is right. I think you could swap, without it being unethical. They don't want another female?. You are doing the right thing. Mistakes are made.

And yes. why is it the nice ladies get nasty emails? It's something to do with the fall of society.

MM

I would tell them to find someone who has bred carpets down there and ask to swap the female for a male...just like I did with you Tennille.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back