Scorpions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
Hey all Ive always loved insects and only have recently started to expand my scorpion collection. Started with Flinders Range Scorpions then a big Rainforest and today i got a little Ripper! Its a Spider Hunting Scorpion

Now that the intro is done id love to hear what everyone else has and if you wanna post some pictures that will be awesome. Once i set up ill post up my pics

Cheers Zac

im happy to chuck up a pic of my girl
Flinders range scorpion
IMGP1216.jpg

ive got a black rock scorpion ( gravid ) i dont have any pics atm but i do on the AIF

Awesome pic my flinders range is a cranky little bugger when he wants to be but the rainforest will gladly walk around on my hands ;P

i want one
what do you guys think a good first scorpion would be.
the black rock sounds cool. as does the spider hunting scorpion.
how big must theyre enclosure be?

they dont need a massive tank
mine was an x demo tank,
a plastic fish tank will do fine.
rocks on the bottom and moss like substrate over top and water it
they need to be in humid conditions

black rocks are the best starters, tank dosent need to be big, mines in a 30x30x30 ( which is massive for one )

Mighty Moose could you post some pics of ur scorpions i would like to see them

Harry

Heres my big rainforest scorpion im not holding her in at that time because she was abit jumpy

Attachments

• Photo 3.jpg
    Photo 3.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 239
bk201 you sure those are black rocks. they look like urodacus elongatus or possibly cesophonius squarma to me

Homeless the scorpions venom of most australian species isnt that toxic to us, although some will make you ill and some will make you very ill just not kill you but someone who knows more can elaborate, the rainforest scorpion im told only has a very mild sting that is commented to be much like a bee sting but im not going to test it out for you ;P And shes too nice to sting me

Homeless the scorpions venom of most australian species isnt that toxic to us, although some will make you ill and some will make you very ill just not kill you but someone who knows more can elaborate, the rainforest scorpion im told only has a very mild sting that is commented to be much like a bee sting but im not going to test it out for you ;P And shes too nice to sting me

there venom isn't deadly unless you are allergic to it.

Btw if anyone knows how potent my new scorpions venom is (in regards the affects)

I've been stung by a few, from lychas buchari, to urodacus planimanus, the urodacus venom has very little effect, maybe some localised numbness, the bigger specimens hurt during the initial sting, then the numbness kicks in, where as isometrus melandatylus, and l buchari, are closer to a wasp sting, and really really hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back