Scrubbies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

monique18026

Reaction score
Hey eveyone . I own two beautiful scrubbies super freindly seems like I'm the only one lol who else has been lucky enought to get some freindly ones ?

Yeah some are o.k. Two that I work with are all bluff, they look like they may strike and when they follow through with a bite it is such a weak attempt lol. After the first strike they calm down and are fine to handle.

mine is like this also its strikes are effortless and short lived but it is not the best feeder!
The biting doesnt worry me so much I wonder if there are any that dont ******** on you?

I have a few, there all angels :p but I guess I just got lucky :p

No they all do I think so lol mine don't even strike unless it's dinner day they no what coming lol

my last two were calm as anything, the female was fantastic the male got abit pissy at times and would be tempermental but you could read him by his reaction when you tryed to grab him out

i have another two on the way pretty soon hope they turn out as friendly as the last two, but oh well if i get a pair of chainsaws

My scrubby is ultra frendley, too, just has different ways of showing it,
crop105.jpg

Shane

About 20% of my clutches throw out beautifully mannered Scrubbies, but the remaining hatchlings are on the other hand extremely cranky.

Attachments

• carnavon 211.jpg
    carnavon 211.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 143
DSCF6290 (Small).JPGDSCF6279 (Small).JPGDSCF6292 (Small).JPG
Here's a couple of pics of my girl .She's not quiet 2yrs but past the 8ft mark .She was a total bitch when i got her but has quietened down a bit now .I will never trust her .She can go from docile to killer at the click of a finger .Other than their unpredictable temperament they are an unreal snake to own .

I think i can honestly say i have the most well behaved scrubby ever produced.
i have had bruce for about 5 months and he is a very well behaved boy.
he measured in at 5'8" a few weeks ago (very well mannered if you can measure them that accurately)
he is a very good feeder, and a very loyal snake.
i can move arround infront of him while he is in his tank without fear, he hasn't bitten anyone since the start of march when he bit my girlfriend, which resulted in her being late for her First Aid Course (LOL).

there are little methods of handling any snake to get them friendly.
when it comes to feeding time, the hook comes out.
the snake gets removed with the hook and moved to a feeding tub.
no food comes into there tank so they shouldn't feel the need to strike at anything that comes into their tank.
and they don't associate a bare hand with food.

i have complete trust in bruce. he hasn't let me down so far.
he has been handled by numerus people, many of them kids with no fear of the bitey end of a snake.

View attachment 151546View attachment 151547View attachment 151548
Here's a couple of pics of my girl .She's not quiet 2yrs but past the 8ft mark .She was a total bitch when i got her but has quietened down a bit now .I will never trust her .She can go from docile to killer at the click of a finger .Other than their unpredictable temperament they are an unreal snake to own .

I never get tiered of seeing your snakes Joemal, hard to choose my fav out of your scrubby or olive.
I would love a scrubby one day when i have more room to put one(and convince the wife that they dont get very big ha ha ha)

Scrubby is the go for you kkjkdt1 and if you can score a placid one like quiet a few people on here have then all the better .My scrubby wont cuddle up to me like the Olive does but then again the Olive is a full on has to get under your skin to be just that little closer to you type of python .Both are excellent pythons to own .

I have a hold back from this/last year and she is a puppy dog has never bitten and is as quiet as can be I also have a yearling male that is a puppy dog as well

Also have a couple of hatchis left if anyone is interested;)

Lewy

My young girl is under a year old, but is well over 6' now. She is very placid and will hiss for a long period of time is she feels like you are going to put her back in her cage. Still has her days though when you know if your hands goes in the tank it will be bitten.

over the years i have had 4 big adults that where the best and i have had 1 that was crazy as all he wanted to do was kill you.
my big girl i have now is good but i still do not trust her 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back