Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of you're gonna incorporate some height, aussie water dragons? Ive seen em hangin on vertical cliffs off Bondi. Or perhaps a merten's water monitor or mitchell's depending on the size although i'm not sure how high they like it or even if theyre gonna use the height

green tree snake and the others mentioned. Also you could put a turtle and some fish in the water and a GTP living above. We have made a couple like this and it works really well, the GTP doesnt need much floor space as it likes to hang on branches, the snakes poo falls in the water and the GTP goes well with the humidity from the water below.

green tree snake and the others mentioned. Also you could put a turtle and some fish in the water and a GTP living above. We have made a couple like this and it works really well, the GTP doesnt need much floor space as it likes to hang on branches, the snakes poo falls in the water and the GTP goes well with the humidity from the water below.

I'd be worried that the turtle would at some point bite the GTP. of course a macleays river turtle isnt going to do much against an adult GTP, but a long neck vs a yearling or even small subadult could be cause for concern. I know you probably would be smart enough to think about size ratios but there are a lot of people who would read that post and chuck their hatchie over a turtle and complain to you when its tail gets bitten off.

Mertens or Mitchell's look great, as do files and tree frogs

Mitchelli, Mertens and maybe semiremex if you can find them and keep up the salt content too.
Like Eipper said, File Snakes, many species of frogs, basically any colubrid bar Brown Tree Snakes would go fine, keelback, slaty, GTS, Macleays and Mangroove.
Green Tree Pythons
Water Skink plus other species of the same genus
Water Dragon

Water Pythons aren't semi aquatic. I would think Colubrids are your best bet with snakes and the monitors Eipper and Jannico mentioned

I'd be worried that the turtle would at some point bite the GTP. of course a macleays river turtle isnt going to do much against an adult GTP, but a long neck vs a yearling or even small subadult could be cause for concern. I know you probably would be smart enough to think about size ratios but there are a lot of people who would read that post and chuck their hatchie over a turtle and complain to you when its tail gets bitten off.

Always a concern, but you can also separate them with mesh if size is an issue

Yeah I thought the same thing before I started researching to get mine. They enjoy a swim apparently but no more than some Morelias

Might be an individual thing but my water pythons spend about half to three quarters of their time in their little fish tank, in the future I hope to have a nice semi aquatic enclosure set-up for them. They are not that keen on climbing though so instead of having a teller enclosure, it would require a larger land portion. Before anyone asks... Not mites.

Must be mites.

Just be careful with the humidity in their enclosure.
Shouldn't be to high like tropical vivariurms and they are terrestrial pythons so they do need a good amount of land like you said.

I so dislike you talking to me jannico....
On another note, humidity is nice and low at around 30-40% since the fish tank went in. It only takes up about 1/8 of the 4x2x2 enclosure.

I so dislike you talking to me jannico....
On another note, humidity is nice and low at around 30-40% since the fish tank went in. It only takes up about 1/8 of the 4x2x2 enclosure.
We cant get humidity like that here. The natural ambient humidity usually far exceeds that here.....wouldnt mind a nice water python, have a really nice enclosure in mind for one.

My waters were complete opposites
1 female spent probably 50% of her time swimming or lazing half in half out
1 female about 20%
1 male less than 5%
They were all in together and just did their own thing and were magic to watch in the water as 1/3 of the base was aquarium and easy to view
I never bother measuring humidity and that was in Darwin and Cairns with no air-con so I imagine my humidity was pretty high especially in summer but I tried to make sure the hides were dry with good drainage
All of them used to crowd into one hide that was directly above part of the water most nights

I wouldnt recommend waters for the enclosure suggested here as the top section would just be wasted

But maybe a combination of Waters and Chondros with a clear horizontaldivider???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back