Sexing blue-tongues

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi all, does anyone care to enlighten me on the subject??
Cheers, Alan.

P.s, my posts are minimal at the moment as i cant type properly as i scolded my left forearm on the weekend and it is all wrapped up and sore.

I tell you what mate, i really want my transfer to the medical corps to hurry up, cause there were some nurses at hospital that could teach me some tricks of the trade....lol

nice little uniforms hay?

teamsherman says "ooowy my arm hurts"
sexy nurse says "its time for your sponge bath"
teamsherman says "oh damn, again?"
sexy nurse says "now, now, don't complain i'll have to sedate you"

sexing bluetongues - juveniles, good luck
- adults, males generally have larger/boofier heads, being more triangular and wider at the ear end compared to females. I have heard of eye colour and body shape being an indicator but I go by the head. Behaviour in a group of others at certain times of the year can also be a good indication.

with adults you have to turn them on there backs and put pressure on the base of there tail. you have to do this un til there muscle that hold the hemipenis (if male) relaxs and it pops out!!
if something sticks out you have definatly got a male if nothing comes out you have a possible female or a male with strong muscles!!

hahahaha

Teamsherman,

You can if experienced probe them the same as you would a snake.

Have been doing this for many years and works very well on large skinks.

The probe will go down in males about 8 to 10 scales & females about 1 to 3 scales.

Hope this helps.

Regards URS

soulweaver said:
i reckon so, would you like your penis being pushed out? lol
now that WOULD be painful especialy since i would have to grow one first
lol

thanks urs as i have finally got an answe on this subject. a mate bought a heap of centralian blue tounges and we were not sure weather you could probe them or not. as he wanted to buy pairs but asw they were all fairly smallish we couldnt tell by head shape yet

i reckon so, would you like your penis being pushed out? lol
SW if your penis isn't already out and it's internal, then sorry to say mate but your a female!!!!!!! LOL :wink:

No worrys Ricko glad we could help.
When you or your friend have a go at doing them you will find it even easier than doing your pythons.

Re URS

Ricko,

As Tim said big skinks can be probed. I have done it with Land Mullets, Majors, Kings and Yakkas. But I always seem to have troubles with probing Bluetongues. Every time you try they crap on you.

I have a far easier way of sexing these skinks and it works every time. If they have babies, they are girls :wink:

I AGREE ON THE BABY THING BOB AS THAT IS HOW I FOUND OUT WHAT SEXES MY BLOTCHED WERE BUT AS YOU STATED THEY ALWAYS CRAP ON YOU (sorry didnt mean for that to be on caps) as we were going to try it but out it came in a rush not very nice at all, once again thank Bob and Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back