Sexing monitors???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mistymtn

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have 3 adult Acckies that I want to get sexed, the guy i brought them off was pretty sure 2 of them were females & that they were gravid.. it's been a month or so since i got them & they don't really look that fat. My uneducated guess is they are not gravid.
I have been told that the best way to sex them is to be Xrayed.
I was wondering has anyone had this done & can advice on where to do it & ballpark prices
i am located near Ipswich in QLD but will travel anywhere in Brisbane area if needed
I just want to know if they are females & which ones are which
Thanks in advance :roll:
Rob

I'll take that 10 bucks or should it be $20 :wink:
finally found out today what they are!
None gravid, but i do have 3 females :lol: So now I'm on the lookout for a male
So if anyone has one please contact me :p
Cheers
Rob

lol The $10 bucks is right here, you can come pick it up anytime :lol: Gotta be happy with 3 females yeah? I bet the male you get is going to be even happier though :wink:

Yes very happy with the 3, but i have to find a male now! :roll:
Do you know of any nice Males available??

i think nathan, from browns plains area had on for sale (i think) his online name is nathanbrisvegas i think. drop him a pm. how did you go about sexing them rob? did you go with the ventral spurs idea? or get them x-rayed? i have a spenceri i wanna get x-rayed, but i'm afaid of the costs... i can't imagine it would be cheap.

able to throw some light in that Q geckodan?

Azztech said:
i think nathan, from browns plains area had on for sale (i think) his online name is nathanbrisvegas i think. drop him a pm. how did you go about sexing them rob? did you go with the ventral spurs idea? or get them x-rayed? i have a spenceri i wanna get x-rayed, but i'm afaid of the costs... i can't imagine it would be cheap.

able to throw some light in that Q geckodan?

Me too

Hi guys,
Thanks for that, I will contact Nathan about a male.
Yes i went the Xray option, i don't think you can tell by the spurs. Not on Acckies anyway JMHO
It was actually quite cheap $60. I did have some quote me over $100. Well worth the peace of mind :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back