shedding/feeding cycle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuscus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
In the ironically named sunshine coast, surrounded
I've noticed that one of my water pythons has a feeding cycle that seems to be in sync with its shedding cycle. She goes off her food about two weeks before shedding, changes her coat then will strike at anything offered.
Has anyone else noticed this?

PS. The other WP is far too interested in his tucker to bother with any shedding cycle, his attitude is that if it has fur shove it down his throat and defrost another. Definitely a candidate for power feeding :)

most of my snakes are the same. But some of them would eat during the shead if I offer. I am talking about olive female. She would eat any time.

Whenever my juvi Jungle enters the opaque stage she goes weeks and doesnt shed. I get worried, feed her, and BAM, she sheds within an hour.

Jay

Yes indeedy fuscus, I have a Coastal who is exactly like that :) The others tend to change attitude towards feeding with every shed, sometimes they will and sometimes they won't feed. One of my new Childreni also seems to do like you describe though haven't had her long enough to know for sure yet.

My new Stimmie wasn't eating on the weekend, then shed on Monday, then was hungry as all hell tonight and snapped up the fuzzie immediately when offered, so could be the same thing.
By the way Afro is your childreni still belly up?

Not for a few days but she shed a couple of days ago and has gotten very reclusive. Still really don't know if she is or she isn't.

Monty is a bit like that come a week or two preshed too Fuscus, then after shed he eats with gutso. I imagine shedding is an uncomfortable process, it'd prolly put me off tucker too. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back