Shedding In Unison

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacknife

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, in the last 48 hours I've had three of my five snakes shed.
One male and one female sub-adult Bredli and a yearling Diamond x Jungle have all shed. Female Saturday night, Male Last night and yearling tonight.

My question is, is this just a random chance of their shed cycles coinciding, is it a seasonal thing, or do snakes sync up their sheds when housed in close proximity to each other?

Ive had three Bredli for over a year and the two yearlings for about 7 weeks and this has never happened before.
Anyone else experience anything similar?

Yeah I don't know the science behind it, and I'm pretty sure it is all purely coincidental but mine seem to do the same thing quite regularly... Usually three or four out of the 5

my diamond and jungle did it straight after i had fed them the other weekend. and i missed both of them, even though the diamond was right behind where i sit :(

Is it possible your feeding cycle, and hence growth rate has somewhat matched up?

Is it possible your feeding cycle, and hence growth rate has somewhat matched up?

Perhaps, everyone gets fed on the same day, subs fortnightly, yearlings weekly...
Though my male that shed has only had two meals in the last six months and the female has only started back feeding in October after 4 months off food. It's only his second shed and her third since I've owned them, first shed for the yearling since owning them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back