Shingleback brumation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse_has_faith

Reaction score
Hi all,

my bluetongue and beardie went into brumation over a month ago. My shingleback, though not eating (but drinking occasionally), is still walking around a bit (though she's slower than she was in spring/summer). This is my first winter with her. The only difference I can think of between her and the other two lizards is she lives inside, they're outside. Should I stick her in the enclosure outside with the bluey and the beardie, perhaps to get her to be more quiet, or just continue to leave her alone?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid! Anyone else had one lizard more awake than others during this time? Specifically a shingleback?

Cheers!

Dont put it outside as the sudden shock will kill it!
If it in an enclosure inside you should be currently running no heat at night at all and offering about4-6 hours of hot spot during the day.
Other than that leave it be.

Thanks beeman, I'll keep her inside and just give her some sun for a few hours (when it's out- it's been overcast here lately). Cheers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back