Shingleback help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeppersGirl

Reaction score
We have a 5yo shingleback with some sort of issue
Since yesterday she has looked as though she's in pain - really fast, heavy breathing and frequently getting up to 'twist' herself in circles.
We've taken her to a reptile vet, the only thing he was able to tell us (of use) was that she doesn't have a resp. infection.

Please, can anyone help?

Please tell me that he does want to work up the case further and hasn't just sent you away with "it's not a respiratory infection"?

Sorry that does not answer your question in the slightest, I'm just hoping that the situation is not the way it sounds

Last edited:
Well we were asking if she might've been gravid (all we could think of, which he dissmissed saying that they drop in January!) but yeah he pretty well has :(

Thats so slack! I'd visit a different (more determined, if nothing else) vet.

Sounds like a gravid lizard to me. Not sure about the twisting though. And yeah see a different vet.

Hmm yeah, good advice :)
Thought I'd ask here first though to see if anyone knows
Oh, and she weighed in at 720 grams

When we bought her (at the vic expo) she was 680, but she's been 720ish for the last 2-3 weeks

if she mated she could quite possibly be gravid as mine tend to give birth in march. I hope she is, that would be a nice ending to what was a bad situation.

Yeah well that was our original thought souldoubt, (she was in with 2 unrelated shingles) but we're worried because she's taking it so hard.
She still eats, thought they went off their food before giving birth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back