Shingleback needs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazordous-Herps

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been debating with myself about getting a shingleback. My main concern is the humidity up here in Townsville, but I thinking that I can build an enclosure out of some type of timber that keeps out the humidity as best as possible. I also thought if I make the enclosures height not very high, something like 45cm and put either a heating glob or one of the long tube like one Exoterra sells at pet stores. That this would heat the enclosure up more and stopping humidity (would this work?), the only thing is will the light being down that low be to hot for a shingle? Also i know that I cannot have a water dish in the enclosure, how would I give him water in that case. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:
you can have a water dish, just limit the amount of time it's in there. You could have a standard height enclosure, just lower the lights down to them. I'm sure (from my poor memory) some of the other members of the NQHS had shingles. Maybe their experience will help you too

you can have a water dish, just limit the amount of time it's in there. You could have a standard height enclosure, just lower the lights down to them. I'm sure (from my poor memory) some of the other members of the NQHS had shingles. Maybe their experience will help you too

Thanks I will go check it out, Im new to this site is NQHS "North Queensland Herp Society" and its a group on APS?

Its a herp club that meet in townsville ever month. Its the second wednesday of every month at St Matthews church. cnr of bowen rd and charters towers rd. you can contact Ian Davis on 0434263857.
I really miss the club and the informative meetings. Heaps of herpers there with tonnes of local knowledge

I think EVERYONE should get a shingleback! They are the best critters ever invented! :D

Snowman,you should know better than to question feminine logic. She did not choose her handle randomly...
PS. Better you than me.

Blue

The Townsville humidity is not too bad. Don't leave the water bowl in 24/7, just offer it for a few hours every 2nd day or so and it will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back