Shinglebacks In Hibernation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We dont feed our shingle backs over winter as they are kept in outdoor pits and
dont surface all that much, They always have access to clean water whether they
need it or not. On average ours stop feeding late April and dont start again until
mid september.

i feed mine, but only a quartre of what i normally would.

i want to put them out in a pit, but i dont know how they would go, i wouldnt put them out now, it would be a bit of a change going from a heated enclosure to melbourne int he middle of winter. but in the middle of summer it would be alright wouldnt it?

i feed mine, but only a quartre of what i normally would.

i want to put them out in a pit, but i dont know how they would go, i wouldnt put them out now, it would be a bit of a change going from a heated enclosure to melbourne int he middle of winter. but in the middle of summer it would be alright wouldnt it?

If you are going to put them in an outdoor pit you could do it in the mid to late spring
when the night temps arnt dropping down to low and provided they have enough cover
they will adjust well to thier new enclosure, The only thing you will have to keep an eye on is the amount of humidity you get in the melbourne area as they dont handle it to well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back