Should I soak my snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaDeDah

Reaction score
Hi all, I did a post a few days ago because my snake has been 'opaque' for about 2 weeks. Some one said he will shed when he sheds but on snake ranches website it says, if the snake has been opaque for more than 10 days you may have to intervene. The problem is I don't know if he is brumating (he is only 7 months old and I think thats too young) or needs help shedding. What should I do?

I always spray my snake when I see their skin is dull and the eyes go, I did have a product to help with shedding but just ran out so I use water in a spray bottle and it works fine. No he is too young for that keep his heat lamp on, don't turn it off at all.

What type of snake? Misting with water once or twice a day can help when shedding. I only soak them if they are having a very bad shed.

Stimsons, I have never sprayed him before because I think he comes from a very dry climate hence the higher temp needed compared to other species. His last 4 sheds were fine :/ But thanks for the replies :)

Stimsons, I have never sprayed him before because I think he comes from a very dry climate hence the higher temp needed compared to other species. His last 4 sheds were fine :/ But thanks for the replies :)
I can pm u tomoz with with a couple methods if u r really concerned... But I'm sure u will c a shed soon....

you can still mist him it wont do any harm. it does rain every now and them in the wild. only soak him if it has come off in one piece.

Give him the option. A deep bowl. All our guys soak before a shed.

Last edited:
Yea theirs a bowl in his enclosure big enough for him to submerge. Funny thing is I have never actually seen him drink before...

If you ever camped in the desert then you would find that at dawn your tent/swag would be soaked with dew. Not as dry as you may think. ;)

If you ever camped in the desert then you would find that at dawn your tent/swag would be soaked with dew. Not as dry as you may think. ;)

Simpson desert 3 years ago and did the tanami this year.. lol but I didn't think of that ;)

Last edited:
He shed last night, may I add this was his first shed which wasn't rolled in at the neck, and all in one piece! I shall start to mist him when he goes blue from now on, but yesterday I put his vine in which I took out just after is last shed. He moved into his new enclosure this morning so he should be a happy chap. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back