Should the main (serious) Threads be more severely moderated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I'd really like to know what the majority think about this!

If you have feelings either way, PLEASE respond to this. You don't have to type anything - just vote! If you think none of the options are valid, then post your suggestion.

We really want the majority of users to enjoy our site, so this is your chance!

If we only get a few responses, then it's not a fair representation of the majority feelings! Silent majority? Let your voice be heard! ;-)

Thanks

RE: Should the main (serious) Threads be more severely moder

Damn straight! i voted for option one.

Yeah, i see the irony, i myself have gone off topic in threads, but i think its time aps got serious in the serious threads. And if i can vow not to reduce a serious thread to useless banter, then i reckon others can too!

Cheers, Alan.

i get a laugh out of the posts that go haywire and everybody likes a good argument/debate lol

I think the site needs to be moderated a bit more strictly. Not all funny chit-chat posts should be deleted but several threads have occurred lately which has turned several people off the site. This place doesnt have to be strictly herps, but endless posts about nothing other than seeking a bit of attention should be removed in my opinion. Maybe a maximum thread length should be implemented. Most posts over about 5 pages long become pretty useless generally.

I should have mentioned - we DO have Chit Chat for chatty kinda stuff. So people who want to chat about general stuff CAN do it in there. In fact, that's what SJ created it for in the first place.

Some really long threads have been really great value, so I don't think it applies to them all, JB. However, I don't think the system software has the ability to limit thread length.

I reckon we should have a forum that is just for posts that start on topic but get moved if they go off topic. Dont get rid of the off topics I think everyone enjoys them..........

Miss_Magickal said:
I reckon we should have a forum that is just for posts that start on topic but get moved if they go off topic. Dont get rid of the off topics I think everyone enjoys them..........

Why didnt i think of that!! i suppose when you have 2 brains in one body its an advantage!! LOL

Good call, i reckon that would work quite well. But it would however make the mods quite busy.

Time for some promotions i think.... ;) LOL

I reckon that it should be moderated a bit more strictly. Anything goes in Chit Chat Forum is fine but the serious forums should have chit chat removed unless it's really funny :)

I think that all threads should be locked after 2 pages, unless the discussion is still on topic. Not including the off-topid sub forum. That or the thread stays open and the 1st offtopic post gets moved to the offtopic sub, all off-topic posts after this get deleted/moved

Well, my opinion is that if something starts off in a serious thread - that if maybe a few funny things grow into the thread that's ok. but if it gets more like chit chat stuff, maybe the moderators should transfer those posts to chit chat?? JMO. Maybe we are all guilty of getting off the path?? Cheers Cheryl

:roll:
We are trying to do that people. But there is lot of work to do this.
What about to post responsible posts to give mods bit off brake?

Option 3 is a cop out.

Lets make this site Australias best reptile INFORMATION and COMMUNITY site, not an average chit chat forum like many others on the web.

I love reading posts whether on topic or not but in some instances, when a post goes off topic, it can go for 10 pages or more and really wreck it for those who want to read about the topic at hand. I get turned off some posts when too long and off topic..

P.S. I am not denying I am not also guilty of this. :)

I think all serious discussion should be moderated. No lets curtail it alltogether.

Well, on having another thought, any off topic stuff should be cut out of serious threads. And yes, we are all guilty of straying off the path??? Keep off topic stuff to chit chat???

Its a great site thats why we have so many active members compared to the others !
In saying that i think we could be a little more serious on the help threads !

I love this site. Everyone in here is great, and it is a lot of fun! I have actually learnt heaps on this site, even if we don't actually have any snakes yet. We are seriously looking at getting a snake. When we have the time and room, no probs. In the meantime we will just keep growing the tucker. LOL! Well at least we have White's GTF's, eh? Cheers Cheryl

I kind of like the first option. But my lunatic mind has stopped me from voting for it :lol:

I personally try and not get involved in serious threads unless I feel I can contribute something - but with my limited experience, there's generally not a whole lot I can help with, nor is it something I'd consider holds much clout in this hobby. If I hypothisize about things, I will say that I am.

I'm probably more driven towards the deleting of rubbish posts in serious threads - but I think it'd be a huge job for moderators to clean them up. It's a hard question. Perhaps more discipline with posting meaningless stuff will ultimately be the responsibility of the member - God!....:lol: my bread and butter here is Chit Chat :lol: :wink: Don't get rid of that! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back