Should the main (serious) Threads be more severely moderated

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
instar said:
maybe admin can devise an onsite instant message program

They do have the PM which is pretty instant, but most people who use the threasd for private peeing contests do so because someone said something publicly that tore the other down and they want to respond publicly to keep up appearances.... but i agree it would be better PMed as i hate have to read 3 pages of "Stuff" to get back to the topic....

I have an idea, please consider....

What if the person who starts a thread, is given the permissions to moderate it him or herself as well as moderators, that way, those threads which go off topic and lead to the confusion of a topic or questions unanswered can be determined by the person asking the question.posting the thought... and those that go off topic and dont worry the starter can go on forever.........

Angel

I love this site. It gets so bitchy!!! :) I think we should have a forum just to insult each other. then if anyone wants to have a go at anyone else they can. :twisted:

and if someone doesn't want to read about people arguing over stupid and trivial stuff they don't have to even read the first post.

Delete all of the totally off topic posts, though if something has some relevance at all then it should b valid. and left alone.

I split all posts with rubish content out of this thread. You would be surprice, we have 4 pages of it.

New topic: Post Rubish split from APS discussions, thread about moderating (48)
Please stay on topic started by David here.

Jarvis78 said:
I love this site. It gets so bitchy!!! :) I think we should have a forum just to insult each other. then if anyone wants to have a go at anyone else they can. :twisted:

Posters like this usually do not last long on APS. I hope that you are not serious Jarvis78.

I love this site as it is now. I know that we have room for improovement, and we will try to do as best as we can.
We took new moderator to are team and I hope that this will help to keep things under controll.
I Like most of our members here, some more and some less.
Some members are not to my liking at all and I am trying my hardest to be fair and not to be influanced by this. After all I am only Human as we all are.

Thank you all who posted constructive comment to this topic started by David. Merry Christmass to you all and happy herping.

According to the poll at the start of this thread 55% of the people like the site the way it is (including myself) so why are these changes being made.
seems dumb to change something that has been sucessful ( i have noticed a few first time poster in the last couple of weeks,)and the majority of people involved are happy with, don't you?

Slateman said:
Jarvis78 said:

Posters like this usually do not last long on APS. I hope that you are not serious Jarvis78.

I am 90% serious, I love it when the arguments get heated and people start to get agro. If ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
but I also love the information and the friends that I get out of this site.

IMO The site is fantastic as is and removing the good old fashioned arguments is just gonna make me spend less time here. Most people won't give a rats about me not being here, but just ask yourself slateman Why are the threads that get people's blood boiling usually the longest?

Well, what about poor little hozy? I reckon that thread should have been locked ages ago. Poor little bugga! Hope he hasn't been turned completely off by APS? I just think that the occasional joke could be allowed in a serious thread, as long as it doesn't just completely change the SERIOUS topic and get into a free for all, and completely away from the original thread. If we want to say anything off the topic, maybe we should just say it in Chit Chat, or maybe there could be a Bagging Forum?? Who knows? Anyway, I reckon all the folks in here are great. Haven't met any personally except for Fuscus(he's a good guy!), but you all seem reasonable people to me. Cheers Cheryl

good point Cheryl
I have seen Hozy logged in a couple of times but i have not seen any more posts from him!

Jarvis78 said:
According to the poll at the start of this thread 55% of the people like the site the way it is (including myself) so why are these changes being made.
seems dumb to change something that has been sucessful ( i have noticed a few first time poster in the last couple of weeks,)and the majority of people involved are happy with, don't you?

I don't know about any changes :eek:

There haven't been any changes (yet). I was merely asking for feedback to see how people feel about the whole issue. There have only bee 49 posts at this point, so that's really a very small percentage of users. We'll leave the poll active for a few weeks more to get the results.

In any case, It's Slatey's site, and whatever he decides is what will happen! We usually discuss changes in the Moderators Forum and decide these issues amongst all the moderators, but it would be useful to know how the majority really feel, I thought, and that could influence any decision made.

Don't forget : Chit Chat will always be there for "rubbish" posts - that's what it was created for, so that people who needed to have an outlet for this type of thing. BUT - personal attacks ARE against the rules, even in Chit Chat.

PLEASE - no more bagging people in here! Simply vote and (if you want to) state your reasons for your decision. Don't mention any names - it's not necessary!

Thanks

I'm quite happy with APS the way it is. I'm not so happy with certain individuals who feel compelled to post in serious threads without actually contributing anything (some I'm convinced are determined to have the last word). But I put up with them because they're part of the APS community. If the mods want to be stricter in the serious threads, then they'll hear no complaints from me! :D

There are a lot of threads in Chit Chat I won't even bother looking at because they don't interest me, and that's fine. I have no problem with them because I'm not bothering with them. However, I feel a little sympathetic for the mods who have to read each and every post!

I should point out that although I am happy with APS the way it is, I don't belong to any other discussion forum, so my points of reference are very limited. I have looked at a couple of them, but something about them just didn't 'feel' right.

:p

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back