Show us your Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks nothing like a bredli, what are you people on..?

Not to throw any accusations around Norm, but just to clarify to others, i've seen quite a few hatchy intergrades start off looking exactly the same colour as Norm's. I'd assume they go on to colour up as normal or possibly just less black? Anyways, not to dispute whether it's a diamond or an intergrade, but i'm sure it will end up looking like either and not a bredli.

It aint a bredli, parents and siblings look like port macs carpets, intergrades or northern diamonds whatever people want to call them either way hatchling is identical to a couple of port macs i have.

you ppl are tripping... thats no bredli.. diamond or intergrade at the very least... lol..haha..

i dont see diamond there. no spotting. if you put a bredli and him in the same enclosure and told me to pull out the diamond i would personally be very confused. and i know im not the most experienced bloke on earth, but i used to breed high yellow diamonds and have been around diamonds my whole life. I have never seen one that colour. Also spent a fair bit of time with bredli and i would say looks very close to a classic.

i dont see diamond there. no spotting. if you put a bredli and him in the same enclosure and told me to pull out the diamond i would personally be very confused. and i know im not the most experienced bloke on earth, but i used to breed high yellow diamonds and have been around diamonds my whole life. I have never seen one that colour. Also spent a fair bit of time with bredli and i would say looks very close to a classic.

What do you mean by spotting? Rosettes? Or the black around each scale? Because there are clearly rosettes in there amongst the bars. If the black around each scale, it's only 3 months, they don't have their full colours at 3 months. Though it could also go on to have none of that black and just yellow.

What do you mean by spotting? Rosettes? Or the black around each scale? Because there are clearly rosettes in there amongst the bars. If the black around each scale, it's only 3 months, they don't have their full colours at 3 months. Though it could also go on to have none of that black and just yellow.

black around each scale. by three months it should be a fair indication of its colouring, keeping in mind that it will obviously change throughout its entire life. I'm just concerned that this bloke has been had, being told that a bredli is a diamond. because i reckon if that passes for a diamond, some of the less solid coloured classic bredlis around certainly could.

black around each scale. by three months it should be a fair indication of its colouring, keeping in mind that it will obviously change throughout its entire life. I'm just concerned that this bloke has been had, being told that a bredli is a diamond. because i reckon if that passes for a diamond, some of the less solid coloured classic bredlis around certainly could.

Well, most you can see that by 3 months because they actually start off dark so it's already there. It's certainly not a bredli though, even though it is brownish like one the pattern (Excluding the black around each scale) is diamond/intergrade it's rosettes and bars not stripes like a bredli. As said plenty of intergrades are born looking exactly like this and i'll say in months to come it will become more yellow or dark gold i'd doubt it'll stay brown, but it shall be interesting to see what becomes of it.

well..........where do i start.
i have sent all you so called experts a P.M.
how dare you "experts" with many many years of life experiences up your sleeves go) on with such garbage.
how old are yous........22...23....well gee whiz "boys"....come see me when you start shaving and know what you are talking about.

i bred that snake and am proud of it........from a healthy pair of diamonds that were bred from diamonds.....that were bred from diamonds........that were bred from diamonds.........i dont even own a bredli.........i have never bred a bredli....sold my only one i have ever owned 2 years ago and she was a female

thanks to the others on page 16 who have some knowledge of diamonds.
isnt it funny when some people breed wierd looking BHPs or Womas or Jungles .....they are praised for it , but when some different looking diamond hits the scene and it doesnt have all the " rosettes " in the right place or it isnt the right shade of yellow ....it is shunned upon by the inexperienced young newcomers who only know what they read on these pages........You hang onto that snake Norm.....and show these idiots in 3 years time.

Last edited:
High Gold Diamond

I have been a member for a while and never posted. Just thought I would share a pic of one of my babies that should be ready to breed this year.

I hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• Lochs party 08 008.jpg
    Lochs party 08 008.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 276
i assure you, the photos im looking at are of a bredli. do you have a bredli? maybe posted them by accident or the new format is messing things up a bit. but what i am looking at is a bredli on a left arm, a bredli wrapped around a left pinky finger, and a bredli head and neck in the grass

You cannot be serious?!!!

No way is that a bredli. Many pure diamonds can look like that as babies.

Retraction

After discussing with Dave over PM i am retracting all comments made on this thread.
I apologise for any damage done to his reputation as a breeder/seller and to norm for disregarding his oppinion so blatently. I admit to pure and utter ignorance of the possibility of this colour variation of diamond and (if it is any consolation) feel i have learned something new.

Well played son, well played.
And that is an absolute cracker you've got there Narkeg

Well played son, well played.
And that is an absolute cracker you've got there Narkeg

I was wrong, I made a mistake.(a pretty embarassing one to tell the truth) Thats the basis of many wonderful inventions like the eraser, whiteout, quit campaings and the delete and backspace buttons on a computer. I'm sure they didnt invent all these for me.

I agree narkeg, awesome.

I just wanted to say sorry for any disrespect I may have shown towards the breeder or owner of Norms snake pics, I didn't think any thing sinister was going on, just thought that maybe he had his pics mixed up as you guys have said its a very strange looking diamond.

Gex

gorgeous diamond narkeg!!

Heres my new boy and Bella, shes a bit of a strange one, lol,.... :)

Attachments

• yaniyindinewboyaviary.jpg
    yaniyindinewboyaviary.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 125
  • belllarailing.jpg
    belllarailing.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 121
Great animals Chris 1. I love the pic of Bella. Must of been fun getting her out of that predicament.

After discussing with Dave over PM i am retracting all comments made on this thread.
I apologise for any damage done to his reputation as a breeder/seller and to norm for disregarding his oppinion so blatently. I admit to pure and utter ignorance of the possibility of this colour variation of diamond and (if it is any consolation) feel i have learned something new.

I just wanted to say sorry for any disrespect I may have shown towards the breeder or owner of Norms snake pics, I didn't think any thing sinister was going on, just thought that maybe he had his pics mixed up as you guys have said its a very strange looking diamond.

Gex

Thanks for admitting your mistake guys. I may be new to keeping snakes this time around but I had a diamond python when I was a kid back in the 80`s before you guys were even born, its an interest I`ve kept it just took me a long time to get another one. I`ve done a lot of research and would like to think I`m careful enough not to mistakenly buy the wrong species!

I am willing to concede the names intergrade, port mac or northern diamond but not BREDLI!

I can totally recomend Dave to anyone, novice or experienced, he always takes the time to talk and answer questions and I would like to think I`ve gained a friend who shares my interest.

For those who are interested I`ll continue to post pics of "Angus the Centralian Diamond Python", but maybe on a new thread so as not to hijack this one anymore.

The "spotting" you referred to, I had a look at him today and you can clearly see this toward his back half. It didn`t show in the pics, they were taken just sfter a shed about 5 weeks ago.

Well, that was fun!

Norm

Diamond hatchies come in all shapes and forms.
If you dont know your stuff - zip it !!
Stressing a buyer out and placing a breeders integrity on the line is a no no !!
Dave does breed some nice stuff.
Like to bump into you Dave one day for a chat.
Cheers,
Aleks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back