Sick green tree frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy1990

Reaction score
Hi guys just wondering if I could get some help with my sick frog.
I have had these guys about two weeks I have four of them, been feeding them a mixture of crickets woodies and mealworms dusted with vits and calcium everyday or every second day, I change their water daily and have a mercury vapour lamp on during the day ceramic heat emiter and heat mat all on a thermostat.
I have four frogs I think three females one male he seems to be the only one in there that croaks and I'm pretty sure it's him that is a bit crook. He hasn't been climbing at all just sitting on the bottom in the coco peat substrate, I havnt seen him eat anything lately and is starting to loose weight. I thought this would just be that the others are better at catching the bugs and leaving none left for him because they are all fat little gals, my next plan was to leave more crickets in there over night to see if he would get onto them while noone is around because je won't Yale them off tongs but I'm pretty sure this was a bad idea because it looks like the crickets were biting him so I have isolated him in a separate container to see how he goes.
Anyone know what could be wrong with the little guy and what could possibly make him better?

I am gunna try a bit of honey in some water this arvo see if that perks him up at all
I tried to get Flagyl Metronidazole oral ointment and Electrolyte solution (Pedialyte) and some Neosporin ointment today but the chemist didn't have any of it.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back