sighed tee shirts to be Auctioned

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickousley

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have been collecting names on some tee shirts and small snake bags for our fund raiser (South Coast Herp Society) and they will be going up for Auction very soon, probably in September on Ebay, all moneis going to the club
So far the name I have are:-
John Cann, Graham Gow, Gerry Swan, Malcom Douglas, Brian Bush, Ken Griffith, Peter Mirtschin, Glen Shae ,Ross Sadlier, David McPhee, Rob Bredle, Harrold Cogger, Allen Greer, Steve Wilson, Peter Harlow, John Weigel, Mike Swan , Simon Watherow, John Goode, Stephen Swanson and Rick Shrine -
I still have a few more to get and these will be great for the collecter as some of the blokes that have signed them are interested in bidding on them as this has never been done before in Australian Herp culture. All signatories have written books or had reptiles named after them. So far it has taken three long hard years to do there is only 3 shirts and 2 bags and will look good frame.

please lt me know what you think I will post a pic later on
Mick Mather
South Coast herp Society

No really,
I'd be interested if I wasn't a financially struggling uni student, there's a lot of big names there, hope you raise a lot of dosh.

If I had enough money at the time of auction I'd probably put in a bid, something I'd be interested in aquiring.

I think it's pretty sweet, right next to my signed barker book. Will you be having a reserve?

It's good to see you have such an active Herp Society. Keep up the good work.

You should get some decent bids for those items.You have forgotten the sig of the most popular herp in the country though (whats his name?),even if he does say so himself!!

there will be no reserve if they go fo $20 i dont care if i can get them over to the Barkers and back in time i will do it, It was never about the money more the for the history as we all reedy lost one top bloke and nobody will be aroud for ever so it was good of them to do it for us more about history than money i will talk with the committy and save one of the bags for a lucky prize for those that put a bid on all names will go in to a barrell or box what do you think that would make it fair for the young herpers
Mick

Thanks Mick for the heads up.
It will give a few of us a chance to put some money aside to add a bid or 2 come auction time.

Just a question though, is each individual item signed by all those listed above?
Or will it be a mixture of autographs? (a few here & there)

yes all names are on one item 21 names on each tshirt but still gotta send away to a couple more people AND BEFORE PEOPLE ASK NO STEVE ERWINS NAME WONT BE ON THEM HE WAS ASKED BUT HES SECUTARY DECLINED THE OFFER!!!!!

I'm impressed- and would love to put a bid in. How are you running the auction?

What a great idea! I would love to do something similar here...you're clever!

dont get too excited glimmerman,you aint got that book back yet,

Top stuff.
Deffinately interested, especially as it has the late Grahame Gow's signature (R.I.P). To me this autograph alone would be worth its weight in gold + some.

the auction is on ebay i will let all the societys know as well as all the herp websites i will be speaking to Simone Watherow(one name one the shirt) at Australian Reptile magazine to do an artical with the date and everything

Mick,
When you list the item could you possibly give us a few key words to type in the search function on ebay in order to find the items? Will make it alot easier for those wishing to place a bid.

Or better yet post links to the items so we can go directly to them :)

Mick,

I think it is a great idea, good onya forcoming up with the idea and putting in the time to do it.
I look forward to watching the auction and maybe bidding myself.

Cheers Neil

Hey Dr Harry isnt there!

Didnt he come up with the Tiger Python?!

It's a herp thread fellas.....chit chat is most likely above you

I think it would go great guns Mick, just make sure it's well publicised on all the herp forums...as for Irwin, it's a little too much to ask to help out a local herp club :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back